Water Heater Vent piping and connection ...questions

Not withstanding that the vent is Transite…but I see a tape only
connection…Would the write up to be to replace total vent pipe?
Or just add the correct connecting hardware?




They might be able to run the new pipe all the way up through the old one. They could then put a storm collar over the top of the transite. I know it is allowed in some areas.

Further evaluation and repair by a licensed HVAC technician. Also explain what you see as an issue. Leave it to them. You may want to explain that transite is known to carry asbestos and it may need to be removed if damaged

I always recommend replacement of Transite vents.

Thanks Jeff…

Thanks everybody…I can write it up now.