Way-back Wednesday

Just for fun feel free to post your finds from the way-back machine.

Here is a recent attic find !
DSCN1826|666x500

3 Likes

Okay here’s a bonus one to get this thread going. Post your photos from the way back machine.

3 Likes

10 years ago

poolpop3

poolpop2

3 Likes

Sinkhole? :hole:

I’ve seen it before. Happens when you have an empty pool and the right (or wrong) ground water conditions. The pool becomes a boat.

1 Like

I asked Marc about it before and he said that since the water table is so high in FL that hydrostatic pressure just pushes up the empty pool…like Steve said…a boat afloat. I hadn’t seen that before.

1 Like

One of the churches in my area (Chattanooga) was working on their pool and didn’t get it filled back up quickly enough last year and it popped up. Gotta keep them weighted down.

That’s what happened.
Foreclosure, the bank was too cheap to pay monthly for pool service.
Heavy rains came & there was no “weight” for the pool-missing approx 130,000 lbs of H2O - POP!

1 Like

I don’t know how this craziness finds me.
Here’s one from 2 weeks ago. Another bank doing the wrong thing.

OK back to Kenneth’s subject!

1 Like

Excessive free board has created a trip hazard…

1 Like

Sneak attack early post

3 Likes

Going to be a busy day tomorrow so an early post is in order

What is your way back find? We just set the date for 1965
image1

1 Like

1915 Victor Victrola. Works by the way. I played this particular Victrola in my grandfathers basement as a child!

1 Like

No batteries or software updates required! Open the doors for loud close the doors for quiet!

You got it. I completely rebuilt it several years ago and it is pretty loud! Must have older records though, the needle will tear through vinyl pretty fast.