WDO inspections

I am looking to start doing WDO inspections… Does anybody know where I can go to get the insurance and does anybody have a ballpark on how much it costs

Before you go any farther, remember that in Florida you have to be a CPO or work for a Registered CPO (Certified Pest Control Operator) and have fulfilled the requirements set forth by the Dept of Agriculture:

http://www.freshfromflorida.com/onestop/aes/pestcont.html

http://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2010/Chapter482

Dom.

I am looking into that two … Just shopping around for the insurance requirements

You can find bug guys that do it from free to $25 just pass the cost along :slight_smile:

Do yourself a favor and refer it out. Make sure the client pays the wdo inspector separate from you. Also, add something to your PIA that relieves you from any liability any third party inspector may cause.

You must be a CPO, or ID card holder EMPLOYED by a CPO. You must be trained by the CPO and the vehicle you inspect with must be properly lettered.

No 1099s no sub contractors. There is many things you may or may not do, if you are not sure you ask the CPO or the state.

I am currently a CPO for a pest control company and have been doing WDO’s for 15 years. I am a current ID holder and state certified. I just wanted to know if anyone is doing WDO’s and who they use for insurance. The insurance company that the pest control company i am at now is expensive and they tell me they are the only ones in the whole state that writ the insurance for pest control.

Riemer Ins 800-742-1691
Capitol Risk 407-540-1400
Paragon Ins 877-215-9038

To name a few

Boy that sounds different from "I am looking to start doing WDO inspections… Does anybody know where I can go to get the insurance and does anybody have a ballpark on how much it costs "

Which statement is incorrect ?

I am looking to start doing WDO inspections

OR

I am currently a CPO for a pest control company and have been doing WDO’s for 15 years.

Maybe I missed something…Sorry if the mistake is mine?

Don’t worry Mike you weren’t alone in your thoughts…

Bert

Thanks, I gathered that from the silence :slight_smile:

You know me. I say what I think especially when no one else does. Not that I care how or about anything he is doing. It just seemed odd.

It is his biz and he can do anything he likes as far as I am concerned :slight_smile:

Will you be attending the Corning Roof Seminar the 26th Mike? If so, I’ll see you up there.

Bert

Thinking about it, not sure yet. The price is right and I think it may be right next to my house :slight_smile: