We got a nice room rate for the NACHI 2007 Toronto Convention.

Nice brochure bump bump, cheap hotel prices too and free internet, so happy about that too, eh!

Is there still going to be a convention in Orlando in 07

Not unless Florida NACHI plans one.

Somebody told me that by 1/1.07 we were supposed to need a passport to cross into Canada or Mexico. Anybody know if thata true or not.

Yes it is true. You will need a passport to attend the convention in 07.

Wrong info it has not been decided yet and if it is it will not be required by then . From the info given out so far by our two governments it looks like we all could require an Identify card ,
Very much like your drivers license and this if it happens as some think will come about in two or more years from now .
Their is no way that they can get these passed law and made in less then two or more years .
stay tuned the US border states are trying to squash these ideas.

Roy Cooke Sr. Royshomeinspection.com

Thanks for the update Roy. I must have had the same person inform me than Dan did.


This site says something different Roy.

Oh hell I have to the wife I’m off to Canada for a few days for the convention. I hope the bars are good near by

This is dated material they do not have the date this came out .
there have been many changes and more comming every day .
They also contradit them selves in side the post see below In red .
Press Release: Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative Formally Submitted for Public Comment

Initiative Designed to Expedite Travel in the Western Hemisphere While Enhancing Security

Washington, D.C. – The Departments of Homeland Security and State formally submitted the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative proposal for public comment. The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative will require all U.S. citizens, citizens of the British Overseas Territory of Bermuda, and citizens of Canada and Mexico to have a passport or other accepted secure document that establishes the bearer’s identity and nationality to enter or re-enter the United States by January 1, 2008.
The Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 mandated that the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Secretary of State, develop and implement a plan to require U.S. citizens and foreign nationals to present a passport, or other secure document when entering the United States.
In the proposed implementation plan, the Initiative will

Roy Cooke sr



Other than a passport, what types of documents will be acceptable under this initiative?
*The passport is the document of choice right now because of security features and general availability. Individuals traveling within the Western Hemisphere are encouraged to obtain a passport. *
*For land border crossings, other documents that we are considering for acceptance under this Initiative are SENTRI, NEXUS and FAST program cards. These are current international frequent traveler programs (see www.cbp.gov](http://www.cbp.gov/) for further information). *
*We anticipate that the Border Crossing Card, (BCC – also known as “laser visa”) will also be acceptable as a substitute for a passport and a visa for citizens of Mexico traveling to the United States from contiguous territory. *
No currently existing documents other than the BCC, SENTRI, NEXUS or FAST cards are under active consideration as substitutes for the passport. The Departments of Homeland Security and State are working to determine acceptable alternative documents other than a passport as soon as possible. We are using new technologies to create other acceptable travel documents. We will make public additional travel document options as they become available.

It is best if you take the initiative to obtain a Passport before the end of this year if you currently do not have one.

United States Senate passed an amendment to the ImmigrationBill that would delay until June 1, 2009 the requirement that peoplecrossing the border into the United States including U.S. citizens holdpassports or other specifically designated secure documents. Without thisdelay driver’s liscenses and birth certificates will no longer be sufficientto cross the border by air and sea on January 1, 2007 and by ground onJanuary 1, 2008. The Hotel Association of Canada has been actively engaged in seeking thisdelay and naturally welcomes the Senate decision. The delay will allow fordevelopment of proper technology at land based crossings. Concurrently itwill allow for the proper education of all travellers to ensure they arefully apprised of all requirements. However a cautionary note must be raised regarding the Senate vote. ThisSenate amendment, while a very welcome first step is simply that, a firststep. Before the Immigration Bill becomes law, the Senate will have to passthe full Immigration Bill. The amendment will then have to be retained inwhatever final legislation is negotiated between the House ofRepresentatives and the Senate. It should be noted that the House did notinclude this type of delay in the Passport requirement in its version of theBill last December.

Getting sick of Florida. Try Vegas next time. See you at ITA.

Canada? Good beer at least. The Molsan Brador is outstanding!:D:D

I vote Vegas as well:twisted:

I vote for Vegas also.

Documentation requirements for “Legal” travel to Canada.


You don’t need a passport for Vegas:p

I vote for Vegas

Vegas is a logical choice, it’ll never happen…

Don’t forget ITA’s Inspection Expo in Vegas, September 25-27, 2006.

I’m waiting for a NACHI Convention in Alaska or maybe Columbia, you know, something centrally located to the membership…

Centrally located would be Millington, TN. Only problem would be the only drinks can be found at the VFW and the Long Branch Bar and the only thing to do is hang out in the parking lot of the Piggly Wiggly and watch the trucks unload.