We just bought back another home. Will give you $15K to buy it from us

Nick knows what I’m asking. He’s just being his usual obstinate self.

Why do you want to see it?

Really?

Yes, really. So?

Junior: I wouldn’t know where that would be. The inspector’s client would likely have it, no? It’s not ours.

Anyway, we normally don’t do home inspections on the property’s we buy back. You should do a home inspection on the property though. And use an inspector who participates in the “We’ll Buy Your Home Back” Guarantee in case you want to unwind the purchase.

Not sure it matters why you asked to see the report! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I enjoy having rental properties. How much are you selling it for to an InterNACHI member? is it the $155,000 i saw on the listing minus the $15k ?

Yes, and I’ll even pay your closing costs.

Isn’t that what WAFI is supposed to do??? :clown_face:

Thank you for the reply.
Something sounds wrong, Nick. It doesn’t pass the sniff test to me. Since when is a home inspection association a seller of real estate property giving discounts to members prior a real estate brokerage taking over the sale? Association CPI members inspect homes. To admit a member did not perform SoP duty, purchase the home from the buyers then offer the home to members at a discount prior the real estate property going on the open market through a realtor without a discount is deeply troubling in my mind even If it is legally legitimate.

A conflict of interest is described as; ‘a situation’ in which a person is ‘in a position to derive personal benefit from actions or decisions made in their official capacity.’

I still don’t see a conflict of interest. Here, answer these two questions:

1. Who specifically has two conflicting interests?
  2. What are the two interests?
1 Like

Nick, the associations legal team was involved. To me, It does not pass the sniff test. ‘At Arm’s Length.’ The parties involved in an arm’s length sale usually have no pre-existing relationship with each other unless they are shareholders.

Not, WAFI Arm’s length sale merely means that each party acts in their own self interest.

2 Likes

Robert, so you can’t name a conflict of interest. Good.

Now what is this about “Arm’s length?” Arm’s length between who?.

This is the only thing I don’t like about the bbp. It’s an easy way out. Homeowners need to assume the risk of owning a home. I’m assuming the downspout didn’t drain away from the house. Unless that was missed by the inspector, if it wasn’t raining on the day of inspection, how would the inspector have known? Even if it was missed by the inspector, why would someone give up their house just because of that? Water got in the basement. Okay. Dry it up and fix the problem. (my opinion is based on a simple downspout issue, there could be a bigger issue that was missed)

Who was it intended for? It’s a public forum, if you wanted a private message there’s a way to do that. Ignorant means someone who lacks knowledge. Since you don’t know what an arms length transaction means, that is you! More WAFI! just what we expect from you.

John Ezell: The program almost never has to do with the houses. It’s almost always a consumer who expects everything to be perfect and will cause the inspector and agents a lot of grief if it isn’t. When you get a client like this on your ankle (and they’re out there), the best thing to do is to have us simply unwind the deal for them, give them their money back, and let them go find a different house.

The agents love it. It resolves the problem without anyone being harmed on social media, without any lawsuits, without any insurance claims… and best of all, they get a couple additional commission checks.

Hey Nick! I think it’s a great program, and I’m sure anyone who has ever had to use it has been thankful. I just feel if the verbiage is right in the agreement, it should never have to be utilized. Maybe it is the state laws that put so much liability on the inspector. My state has zero requirements for home inspectors.

John: The liability management benefit of the program is merely icing on the cake. We hope you never need it, but it’s there if you do. The “We’ll Buy Your Home Back” Guarantee is PRIMARILY A MARKETING TOOL. This thing is a first-time homebuyer gobble up machine… for your inspection business.

1 Like

I just listed it: https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1888-Lacrosse-Ave_Saint-Paul_MN_55119_M74675-53775