We set up a proctoring system for the State of Illinois today.

The Illinois State Chapter has currently submitted the following Continuing Educational courses to the State of Illinois for On Line approval.

InterNACHI courses:

InterNACHI Roofing Course ( Previously approved for classroom )
Residential Plumbing Course
Electrical Inspection Course
Structure Issues Course
Safety Practices Course
InterNACHI Infrared Course ( Recently approved for classroom )

All other current InterNACHI on line courses including the Green Buildings Course, are to be presented within the next few days.

Additionally: Some new courses prepared by the Chapter and recently submitted to InterNACHI and the State of Illinois

HVAC & R For The Home Inspector
Inspecting Foundation Walls and Piers
Residential Electric for The Home Inspector
Understanding Windows and Doors
Inspecting Chimneys and Fireplaces

More to come.

Enjoy

In addition to all the above listed courses, we also expect to be presenting several other courses which are currently licensed by the State that are the property of vendors, and requiring a fee.

All vendor fees will be at the expense of the individual members requesting the course.

These vendor fees may now be negotiable, as they would not require any travel cost.

Lots of possibilities.

http://www.nachi.org/illinoislicense.htm

Nick,
I just got back from the State Capitol. We need to talk about;

1. A Proctored exam for New Hampshire.

2. An “80 hour course” for licensees {ITA is the only one who offers it.}

3. Getting all of the courses that I see in your hand approved in New Hampshire.

Frank:
Please keep in mind these are “Continuing Educational” classes.

The “80 hour course” you reference must surely be a prelicense course and not for “continuing education”.

As far as New Hampshire “getting all the courses”, please feel free to use anything we have.

I ask you keep in mind some of the courses are the property of vendors, and not of InterNACHI.

Illinois has assisted several vendors in getting their materials licensed, however, these same vendors charge a fee for the course.

Vendor owned course are not free.

Some of the vendors charge by the head; some a flat fee, usually over a $1000.00, and still some others we had previously licensed refused to allow their materials to be relicensed by InterNACHI.

I prefer not to exploit those vendors referenced above on this message board, because as we all know it takes a lot of time, energy, and effort to author a course.

Some courses are best taught in a classrooom setting.

Between InterNACHI and our Illinois State Chapter, we shall continue to provide a well rounded continuing educational program for the members, at no or very little cost.

If you may wish to discuss your opportunities please contact Ken Sitzes or myself, our email addresses are noted on the above letter.

Big news indeed.
Great job guys.
I see they are to NACHI (no inter)

My gosh - so you mean there has been some type of connection between ASHI and the NHIe. Who would have thought …

Just some clarification, here:

The first (well, really, the 2nd 3rd and 4th courses approve for State CEU in Illinois were written by me and are still available for state CE (in the classroom setting) from the Chicagoland chapter (contact Jeff Merrit, the Chicagoland NACHI President for coordination and times).

These courses (along with about 18 CEU hours pending state approval, in Illinois, already approved in Wisconsin and Indiana) are also available.

Not yet “on-line” (gotta get together with Nick for that. We have nad a couple of missed Sundays :mrgreen: . Go figure).

These courses (electrical, structural, thermal imaging introduction, thermal imaging certification) are available to all iNACHI members, but the Illinois Chapter has not requested them. They are available (on-line or live) at no cost (from the “vendor, instructor”) to all Illinois members. You have to understand that there are costs for the printing of the booklets (handouts) and for “processing” the state posting requirements to the state.

In other words, Russ and Ken never asked. I will send the courses, for their licensure and use, the moment they ask.

BTW: We had inquires, today, from local NAHI and ASHI people to teach these courses at their meetings. It is clear that iNACHI has better (and less expensive) CEU offerings. It’s a shame that the “friction” with Mr. Myers continues to exist.

OK. Any slams or questions, call me (Office #, below).

Hope this helps;

Just for clarification:

These licenses were not all approved for this new on-line paridigm, or have sought approval. Not they could not be. Just to be clear.

Will,

I think your confusing things… It’s NOT a particular chapter thing…

This is a INACHI National program ONLINE education site thing.

This is for any INACHI member anywhere in the country…

INACHI members use the (INACHI education board) anywhere in the country and can get a proctored exam at there “local testing” station if their state requires it for state CEU.

To be clear:

This thread is titles “… proctoring system fof the State of Illinois…” and refers to Illinois State approved CE. I don’t know about other states or their requirements. This thread is only about Illinois.

I have been trying to get with Nick, to learn how to access the on-line course creation system for months. You know that I have never been about being paid or profiting from education.

It has never, for me, been about Chapters, until Russ quit the Chicago Chapter (where he and I and Jeff were the founding officers). Then Russ mad it about “chapter wars”.

It only became that way when Russ set up the “state” virtual chapter, and only after he got upset that the Chicago Chapter took him at his word after he quit (he says “resigned”) for the 3rd time.

I never really understood why and Russ does not talk to me anymore, but seems to have much information through his various “intermediataries”.

Russ made this a Chapter thing. Talk to him. The Chicagoland chapter has offered to teach (at no cost) downstate and provide courses for NACHI (national) licensing, but were rebuffed. That caused the Chicagoland Chapter to get its own state provider’s license. Talk to Russ about that. Talk to Jeff Merrit. Talk to any of the Chapter officers.

That iNACHI’s on-line CE courses have been approved for state required CEUs, in Illinois is a GREAT thing and long overdue (been working on this for about 3 years, but the state was lagging).

My point was that there has been, as you know, “friction” between the “state” chapter and the Chicagoland Chapter. This problem was easily avoidable, silly and, unfortunatly, still exists. (You know this, Pat.)

It does not have to and I (never) wanted it to.

But, it wasn’t my decision.

As stated before, to you, Russ and Ken, I stand ready to help in any way I can. I always have.

It’s just that some people don’t want to ask.

They would rather do it themselves.

I stand ready to help, in any way I can.

Just ask.

To also be clear, when asked, this morning, you had no idea about all this. What changed?

You, also, are now the VP of Russ’s old company. More power to you and hope you succeed.

Just to be clear.

We will proctor the InterNACHI exam free for any inspector who wants to come to our training facilities in Toledo or Flint. They do not have to be one of our students. The Toledo training facility is less than a one hour drive south of Detroit or Ann Arbor and it is about two hours from Cleveland. The Flint location is about one hour North of Detroit and less than an hour from Ann Arbor.

All the inspector needs to do is to call us. We only need one or two days notice for the Toledo location and approximately a one week notice for the Flint location.

Thats great George. I’m sure the members in those areas will be most appreciative.

Emails are still coming in with suggestions from other members.

Many are still in disbelief.

I hope InterNACHI really promotes this, as it’s the best thing since InterNACHI TV.

I just want to thank all the men and/or women who put their time and effort into these projects. It sounds like Russ had allot to do with this one. I don’t know where you find the time. Maybe if I got rid of my wife and 5 kids? :smiley: No, I would just ride my motorcycle, watch TV, chase girls, eat pizza, drink beer and sleep. (hum) Anyway thank you for the great job you have done.
Ken I know you must have put allot of time into the Commercial and roofing courses that Gerry Beaumont taught. I enjoyed them both and Gerry is a great speaker/instructor.
The Chicago Chapters courses have all been very informative and money well spent and I’m looking forward to the next course. So thanks Jeff, Will, Pat, Kyle, Pat and everyone else.

Oh, and that Nick guy (whoever he is) and his staff.

Mark Jones
</IMG>

Great job to all who made this happen.

Any details about where / when / price for the proctored exams?

Thanks,
Rick

Illinois Members only:

All questions, comments, or suggestions related to this new program should be directed to:

Mr. Ken Sitzes
InterNACHI, State of Illinois Educational Administrator