- Choose a host who’s servers are located only in the United States.
- Choose your URL “WISELY”. City home inspector / home inspection is the best choice. If you must choose something else “ENSURE” you use home inspector or home inspections in the URL.
- Note some host will give you a free URL for signing up (like me yes I host websites)
- Design a professional logo. Take your time with this and call me for advice. A logo will make you or break you.
- There are tons of free great looking templates on the web. All of my personal sites have been made from them. There really is no reason to recreate the wheel which can lead to large dollars. Search for them (with your new logo in mind aka design/color) and pick 3 you like. Ask five of your closest friends what they think and tell them to hurt your feelings if needed. A professional image is a must. If you expect people to pay you top dollar for a home inspection then you need to create a image that says I mean business.
Now your ready to build. Two ways to do this.
A. Hand code (html, css, php skill is a must)
B. Drag and drop services. The best one is call me.
Now here is where 98% really screw up… see below. The first screw up is picking a design that looks like websites when the internet was first invented. Remember image is everything. The second…
Here are the basics…
A. SEO stands for search engine optimization. To clear things up it simply a term saying that you need to position/place code in certain areas so the dumb search engine spiders can easily crawl your site and hopefully one day you will show up on page 1 of Google, Bing, Yahoo. In my opinion Google is the most searched Bing second Yahoo third.
I get calls all the time form people saying Billy I’ve had my site for years now and I’m still on page two, three or no where at all. My answer is always the same…
Your web site designer screwed you. They did not understand SEO. You can put up the sexiest site on the face of the earth but if you don’t code it right most likely you will never see page 1 of Google, Yahoo or Bing. Some people will but most won’t.
Understand this… NO ONE can promise you on the first page of Google, Bing, Yahoo. A major player is how many website owners and their designers understand SEO. In my area very few like a couple home inspectors understands this and that’s most likely why I have dominated the #1 position for years now. Location will play heavily as well when trying to gain the page 1 spots. For example those in small town Oklahoma will find page 1 a lot easier than those working in Dallas TX. Make sense?
All of this boils down to this. You must optimize (SEO) your code on your website to have the best chance to gain the first page positions and stay there. If you would like to know some of the ways I have positioned code on my site to best optimize it come to my booth in Orlando FL and sign up on a clip board I will have sitting on my table. At some point I will meet with those in a group after conference hours and explain what I see that others are missing.
I do host and I do code. My fee is $1200.00 (initial build fee) plus a monthly maintenance fee unless you wish to maintain yourself. This initial fee includes a logo as well. I will host, set you up with a Cpanel, download Firezilla (file organizer) for you and all you have to do is make changes as you wish or I will keep username / password. If you wish to use drag and drop I can do that as well and get you going. Building a website does not happen over night. It takes time, thought, and creativity and the ability to understand how SEO works. Your website is your #1 marketing tool. If you can’t make Orlando, call me and lets take your business seriously and to the next level.