Websites

Originally Posted By: cmccloskey
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hello fellow inspectors. As a new inspector, I felt the need for a website although the cost was beyond my budget. Nachi recommended a website builder, Don West, and Don did a seminar in the Sacramento area for Nachi. Dons prices seemed reasonable an he promised it would be done in 3 to 4 weeks. I started this nightmare in Novermber, an I still do not have a working site. Furthermore, Mr. West has refused to refund my money as he keeps saying that it is almost done, “one more day”. Mr. West tells me he got too much work from Nachi and can’t fulfill all his obligations. I don’t think this excuse is acceptable. I suggest you use someone else till he catches up. Maybe he’s learned something from this. Cris McCloskey

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

I will refund your money personally. Email me the details and where to send the $. So sorry. There are a bunch of good web developers in http://www.nachi.org/deals.htm

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: mkober

Nick,

Is your refund offer extended to any other of Don West's clients who are still waiting for their site after two months (after initially being told it would be 2 or 3 weeks)? My main reason in choosing Mr. West was his hearty recommendation from NACHI.

--
Michael J. Kober, P.E. and H.I.

"NACHI Member and Proud Of It!"

Originally Posted By: cmccloskey

Originally Posted By: rhinck

Chris,

I took the offer Nick got from Market Hardware offering $200 discount to Nachi members. I am very pleased with both the product and the ease of working with those boys. My site is www.Headsupinspections.com take a look and give them a call. I worked w/ Patrick Smith.

Rick

Originally Posted By: wwarner

Patience is a virtue when it comes to web site building.

I used Realty sites.

http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/viewtopic.php?t=7746

http://www.realtysites.info/nachipricing.php.

Great pricing and superb service. It took a little over a month maybe two to get the site going, but she pretty much started from scratch on mine.
Didn't use a "template". I'm sure it should be a quicker up time for templates.
I have been very happy with the results and the web ranking as far as search engines go. Roberta knows her stuff. I got exactly what I asked for plus some more without her trying to sell me things I didn't need. I didn't expect it to be done in two weeks. Time frame was about right for me. I sure didn't want a rushed job on something this important from a marketing standpoint.

I would ask any web developer how busy they are, so you get an idea of time frame. As the phrase goes... Rome wasn't built in a day...

--
Bill

It's only Rock 'n Roll.... but I like it!

Originally Posted By: rdulay

Bill,

Thank you again for your vote of confidence. It was a pleasure working with you on your web site.

It seems like there is a common thread here, where some folks would like their web sites done more quickly than what is available out there. There does seem to be two specific market segments when it comes to home inspection web sites - the first group who is willing to wait a bit longer to have their web site personally built to their specification, while there is another group would would like to get online right away, even if that means filling in all of their content themselves. To address this, we have decided to create a new offering, a "self-serve" alternative to RealtySites.info, which is less expensive and quicker to deploy. This self-serve option allows you to select your template design and build out your web site yourself, using an easy-to-use content management system that requires NO web programming knowledge.

You can have as many pages as you want on your site, have useful features like a contact form, home inspection order form, image gallery, links manager, blog and more, even change your web site's design at any time, all available at NO additional charge. Best of all, there are no large upfront costs and no long-term commitment - it's only $29.95 to setup and then hosting is only $19.95 per month.

To find out more information on this special offer, available only to NACHI members, please see http://www.homeinspectionwebsite.com/.

Regards,

Roberta Dulay
Yalia Technology Design
home of RealtySites.info

Originally Posted By: ekartal

www.ainspect.com very popular HI web designers.

Erol Kartal

Originally Posted By: dvalley

Roberta does fantastic work. (Especially dealing with me) I’m very picky and wanted perfection so I requested her to tweak a lot of information for me numerous times (expecting her to get real grumpy on her replies), but every correction she did for me was handled in a professional manner and always with a smile. (I believe)

Roberta,
Thank you so much for your professionalism and expertise in designing my site. You did one hell of a job. I'm very happy with it after all is finally in place.
I now expect you to do some SEO tricks for me as we talked about.
I would highly recommend Roberta Dulay?s expertise, for anyone who needs a good site.

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: Aimee Jalowsky

What is your site address David? I’d like to see it

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

Aimie, if you want to see someones website, just click on the “WWW” button at the bottom of their post. That is of course if they have inputted an address in there.

Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: Aimee Jalowsky

Hey, thanks Kevin,

David, you site looks great, Roberta did a great job