We're doing several huge promotions of CMIs starting 2017. CMI-up your websites.

There will always be ASHI inspectors (bottom feeders). Unfortunately every industry has the equivalent of ASHI (cheap and poor quality).

And it always amazes me that it is the REA’s that blame the inspectors for problems with inspections, then promote state licensing of home inspectors. All that is needed is for the REA office brokers to demand high standards of the inspectors that serve their office agents and home buyers/clients. They should demand high educational requirements, insurance, experience, CMI’s, detailed reporting, and demand the best of the inspectors that serve their home buyers. Most all REA companies and brokers want basic reporting, so they promote state laws that are basic, so they can do it legally. Until insurance companies give discounts to REAs who use CMI home inspectors, or ones with experience, it would be nice if these insurance companies would raise rates dramatically to these offices and agents.

Here in KC, that would not happen. REAs continue to hire Uncle Bob and any other cheap person to satisfy negotiations and make repairs. Then, they hide behind closing legal documents if there is a major concern after the buyer moves in. Who do they tell the home buyer to call if there is an issue? The inspector. Any state inspector licensing law is basic, and then the liability is pushed upon the inspector. Round and round it goes…

I have the CMI logo displayed on my site. I booked a few inspections because of it.