Western Pennsylvania chapter for NACHI members

Looking for information on the Pennsylvania chapter (Pittsburgh area).
Thank you in advance for any and all information!

Hey Patrick.

I don’t believe we have an active NACHI chapter here in Pittsburgh. I’d be interested though if you try to organize something:)

The ASHI Pittsburgh chapter (PRO-ASHI) is very active though. They have meetings every other month with good turnout (its mandatory to attend a few per year) and usually organize local training classes, field trips, etc… ASHI seems to be the best place for making local contacts whereas NACHI has great online training and forums (such as this). ASHI is pushing for new Inspector licensing laws in PA; it seems the PA law has already been influenced by ASHI. I’ve encountered a lot of Realtors around here that are partial to ASHI as well since they have the biggest presence locally and at the State level.

That said, it would be nice to have a NACHI chapter without all the required meetings and training (voluntary only). I’d be interested to hear others opine.

JC

I was at the Inspector Fair in Colorado last week and one of the staff members said, a chapter has started in/around the Pittsburgh area. I’ll contact InterNACHI tomorrow and post my findings. It would be great to have a strong NACHI chapter in the Pittsburgh area.

Hi Patrick and Joseph,
There is a Western Pa chapter. It started last month. The next meeting is Saturday July 13th 2019, 9:00 am at the Eat N Park in the waterfront 245 E Waterfront Dr Homestead, PA 15120.

You can contact Matt Weiss at matt@G5inspections.com. Let him know you are interested.

Hi Patrick,
There is a Western Pa chapter. The next meeting is July 13th 2019 at the Eat N Park in the waterfront, 245 E Waterfront Dr, Homestead. Meeting is 9:00am to 11:00am

Thank you for the information John. Definitely interested and hope my schedule permits.