What are these for?

Hey Guys-

These were coming out of the baseboards on a hydronic heat system in a 1950s home…what are they for? Regulator of some sort? Thanks.


Look like air bleeds to me but I am getting old eyes are the first to go just saying

They look like air bleeders that are not properly installed.


Thanks guys.