What do I put in my report if there are no defects with the property?

What do I put in my report if there are no defects with the property? I’m new to inspecting and the condo I’m inspecting looks to have no defects. Please advise. Thank you

2 Likes

" I have finally found the perfect home"

8 Likes

You may be the first home inspector to have found a perfect home. Maybe we need a poll. I’ve done over 2500 homes and my best house so far had 3 defects. Anybody else find a perfect home yet or does Charles win a prize?

17 Likes

No defects is suspicious, and a defect in itself. Write it up!

8 Likes

To answer you question about the report, you would still have information about the house such as where are the shut offs for the gas, water, and electric service. descriptions of the roof condition, age, type. Description of the HVAC system and performance measurements. There is a lot more to a report than a list of defects.

12 Likes

17 for me but nowhere near 2500 homes!

2 Likes

Yes!
Just last week I did a three unit: two residential, one commercial.
All I could manage is that the water heater anode rod is due for replacement.

So you write that you checked x, y and z and had found no issues above the reporting threshold.
Then describe various systems and their ages per the Nachi SOP.

3 Likes

No-such-thing!!

6 Likes

This is good info, thank you! It’s a tiny, brand new condo. I appreciate all the feedback.

Ok, I have to ask… Are you doing ‘on-site’ reporting?

1 Like

I did an inspection on a brand new house. Had over a dozen defects. Never ever lived in, Brand new.

How else you get 3 or 4 done in one day?

3 Likes

I ain’t giving away my secrets!

1 Like

Onsite reporting, check!
No defects found, check!
Realtor happy, check!
Insurance premium paid, check!

7 Likes

A Dozen? In my best Matthew McConaughey voice "“You gotta pump up those numbers. Those are Rookie numbers.”

8 Likes

Haven’t found a perfect one yet…

6 Likes

Not even close, but whatever works for ya’! :wink:

2 Likes

I know, you don’t.
But many do!

2 Likes

Not me. If I were him, I would post photos of all the major system components, panels, sinks etc. and see if any of our peers here are able to find a few issues for him to consider.

7 Likes

Good Idea. Help a Newbie out.

2 Likes