What do you do when you are branded

Originally Posted By: dbozek
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

icon_sad.gif Funny thing happened to me today. I have been stripped of my nachi membership

Actually Nick.....being the kind gent he is, gave me a membership so that I could log back into this wonderful site

Then he took it away from me

That's ok though....was fun while it lasted....now I am just a lowly sparky

I know Im gonna miss them green letters spelling the word "yes".

I guess I'm gonna have to take the test now

If it is as hard as the electrical contractor's test....I'm doomed.

--
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they should and could do for themselves. Abraham Lincoln

Originally Posted By: tallen

Why would Nick give you a members only pass than take it away??

I have put the past behind me,

where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

I was having a really hard time logging in with my old user name and Nick and I tried a few things and it just wasn’t working. So he temporarily made me a member I guess until all was working again. I am not a HI…I’m just a lowly sparky… icon_lol.gif so I am ok with the change…I posted this as humor.

You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they should and could do for themselves. Abraham Lincoln

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Dennis,

You can still be a NACHI member, but not a HI. We have plenty of them. I would like to offer this to you.

The only difference between the two is that you will not be listed as a featired inspector or on find an inspector.

Interested?

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Sparky ? well then

A motor must lift an elevator car that weighs 2,000 pounds to a height of 1,000 feet in 4 minutes. What is the theoretical size, in horsepower,of the motor required, at 50% efficiency.

I am only joking I remember the electrical exam and there is no way in he%% that I could pass it today. That is one of the ?'s I remembered and wrote down . Good luck all.

By the way this is one of over 200 figure it out questions that a Sparky has to answer correctly to be a Master. So from now on believe what Bob,Joe and the rest of them say. They can't help it if they are code demons. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) It comes with the job.

--

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Nope Joe…I just took another offer for a differnt type of sparky job. I will leave the HI’ing and otherwise to you guys. icon_wink.gif

'll be dammed I figured it out 30.3 hp. I think.

1hp=33,000ft lbs of work per min.
work=the force in lbs x distance in feet.
power =ft. lbs per min.

Paul Rosenberg is very helpful

so:
W=2,000x 1,000=2,000,000 ft-lbs
2,000,000 divided by 4 = 500,000 ftlbs per min.

500,000 ft.lbs per min. divided by 33,000= 15.15 hp out put divided by .50 efficiency====30.3 HP

I think

--

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Dennis,

I was only speaking of status as a member of this org. You're he;ping the membership out, so why not ne a member?

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Joe,

I probably will do such in time. Right now I have a bazillion things on my mind and other study work to do. Eventually I will....I guess.

--