What do you think?

Flawed or not, the trend is obvious.

You lose. :smiley:

I’ll let you know when I book my flight. I’m shooting for around Jan 5th. :smiley:

I think some would wait to see if the modifications to their company are successful and beneficial. I don’t offer something and then right away advertise it. What if it sucks? What if its not what I thought it was.

I wanted a month or two of using your services before “advertising” it. Seeing you provided a quality product and getting a feel for your company was needed before I put my name behind it. You have proven yourself, hence your products are on my website.

Going through that phase right now. Good point.

Started Home Inspections May 2011. First year, 65 Inspections, agent referrals=1.
Second year 104 Inspections, agent referrals=3
Into this year, 165 Inspections, agent referrals=5.

Most of them find me by using the internet, not their agent, but I would welcome anything that will double my numbers???

:smiley:

Those numbers may, in fact, reflect your business Kevin, but they certainly don’t reflect the national trend.

No reason to hold anything back so you can sell on the phone.
The whole point is for them to call unless your phone presence really sucks.

This year to date, over 500 inspections, Agent referral 80% Internet 20% and we are first or second for both home inspection and mold services for our state on the list. The internet is more like a sign on the building, but world wide. I couldn’t really live off what solely comes from that after factoring the high monthly cost for position and other costs such as insurance. On offering warranty’s: not worth it for what you are offering to me. No difference from buying the 3 yr on that GPS unit you bought for your truck. Not many people do it after they do the math. Unless it is in your rate and is not an extra, people do not want to spend the extra money. People see it as gimmicky and an extra cost. It would have to be more affordable than it currently is and have to have outstanding coverage. Otherwise, your rates get inflated for something people don’t really want. Then, the cheaper guy gets the work. It is happening to some guys in my area now. They just don’t realize it quite yet. Realtors are noticing the added costs and are pushing clients to other guys who have kept pricing stable. You can only extract so much from people. People choose all inclusive resorts for a reason. Also, how many times have you declined a sales clerk in a store for the extra protection or the rewards card. Think about it.

Jeff you get 80% because in many small towns Agent referral will always be 80%.
Heck I doubt you have many competitors for your key location search terms.

Notice you do not have a link page or keywords here (profile signature) as a matter of fact and it is because of lack of need rather than you being good at seo.

You’re right as far as the numbers being a reflection of my business Jeff, & I also agree with Russell in so much as the million dollar homes I’ve inspected have been all Realtor referrals. I lived in S. Cal for 10 years & am familiar with the cost of property there, at least I was 15 years ago, and know you can’t buy a cracker box for anything under 250K. I lived in Long Beach, Cerritos, Lakewood & Cypress.

But here in SW Ohio, the average home I inspect is a two story traditional around 1800 Sq. Ft. for sale around 200K. I’ve inspected thousands of these, and see a trend of more & more people moving away from their REA favorite inspector in favor of finding their own.

IMO Geography & price are two factors that will sway the numbers one way or another.

Definitely can’t argue with that

You are right (belliott), I haven’t needed to and it is a function of both, not being great at or having time for SEO. Yellowbook does it for me right now. I could be way better about it and should put more effort into that. Competition is relaatively stiff as far as the amount of inspectors and population (only around 630,000). I have to travel upwards of 2 hrs many days…one way. Some guys just want to work certain areas and do not work really hard on the SEO or web presence. We are a word of mouth state and guys take a lot of pride in that. I do as well, but not so much that I will hang my hat solely upon it. I think that is misguided in many ways for longevity purposes. The realtors referrals are key because they all know each other as well. Most transactions are like having friends representing separate clients. So , they share stories and experiences as well and work definitely is generated that way across agencies and companies.

BINGO, the website serves one function: generate calls

Jeff,
you should go to the top of the page, click on control panel & fill in your profile info so we know what region you’re from.

Still awaiting Keilson’s reason for now offering up his warranties on his site. Do you not use them on every inspection? Does someone have to ask or pay more for them or something?

Nathan sorry I wasn’t fast enough for you while trying to start crap with me again. But I was rushed Barack to the hospitL today with a bad infection.

Anyway I have answered this question from you many times I don’t really believe in warranties if somebody questions do we offer warranty sure I offer Mountain warranty.

I also offe to do electrical load calculations on residential and commercial buildings including main switchgear and load-balancing equipment, but I don’t advertise that either.

Be assured there are a few other services that I offer that I also don’t advertise what I have a time is my business I don’t tell other inspectors what they should and should not advertise it’s their business to do with as they wish and will however they want to market it that’s up to them.

Anyway since my operation two weeks ago I tried to be civil with you I see that can’t be done you just are who you are so leave me out of your nonsense and your shenanigans.

To all of my friends who care I’ll make some post my find out what’s going on exactly until then later ,

Jim

Forget him. Get better, Jim. :slight_smile:

Northwestern Vermont. I cover most of the state. I am based in St. Albans which is up around the highest point in the state. Keep in mind that it is only about 3 hours to drive from the top to the bottom of the state. About 2 hrs. and 20 mins to cross the top. The rest of the state is tougher to cross (East to West) because of the mountains.

Hey Jeff, Ever hear of Nobby Reed?

Awesome musician, lives in ST Albans