What does an inspector drive?

I work with duct tape and spit.
Totally understand guys needing to impress others as I used to be the same way.
Strange how different life is when only seeing the surface.

I think a dented rust bucket suits you perfectly Bob.

Those seeking to be unimpressive usually exceed their goal…

Thank you for all the replies. This vehicle will be my work/private vehicle so I don’t want to make it too commercial. I owned a white box van and took a trip all over Florida once. Not doing that again - noisy.

Would a station wagon be acceptable? How about this one? 25mpg, ladders inside or on top, kayak on the weekend, fits the dog.

Looks good to me!

Edsel !

Always been partial to wagons. First car was a Subaru. I had a Dodge Magnum that everyone referred to as “Michael’s Hearse.” This would just be continuing the tradition.

I like my Prius, over 52 miles to the gallon.

Perfect spot to follow up, lol
this is my work and personal vehicle, got it partially wrapped, to promote our thermal imaging service. Inline 5, pretty good on gas no worries about ever not getting to my destination.:smiley:

Micheal " Looking forward to $25-$30 gas tank fill ups and 30+ MPG"

lol, I put that amount of gas in my motorcycle!

Bought a Chevy Tahoe. Needed something 4WD where I live. Never know where I might have to go and try to get out. Gas milage isn’t too bad.

I drive a Ford Transit Connect (main vehicle), A Ford Fusion (marketing and radon pick-up), Suzuki SX4 for higher terrain and a Isuzu NPR 16 ft. box with lift gate (for inspection, mold and structural drying services). All of the vehicles fit my inspection essentials. I do have a small staff that has a few of the vehicles most of the time.

Sounds like quite an impressive operation Jeff!

Not sure how impressive it is, but it is growing for certain. Not so great when everyone needs tires, fuel and maintenance. But everything is on the road daily and producing, so I guess that is a good sign. We have a ways to go to catch up to some of the operations in this group.

Forget about “catching up” if you will.

It’s not a race. Just work on your business model
and keep yourself and your employees as happy
and productive as possible. Thats winning IMHO! :stuck_out_tongue:

Here is what I ride in. Love my truck but it was killing me on gas since I have to drive so damn much all the time. Just bought the 2014 Soul. Love it and it gets close to 400 to a tank of gas. See attached.

I tried door signs & wrap 1 time. Lasted 4 months. Had so many complaints.

People seeing you weaving across 2 lanes leaving a strip club at Happy Hour; church guard calling … you ran stop sign in 25 mph zone / he thinks you were doing 50; cops saw the car run a traffic light … Officer I’m so sorry, I fired the guy yesterday; people by house you were inspecting calling saying you’d backed up and run over their mailbox. NOPE signage did not work for us … Went back to plain vehicles with mud packed over most of license plate numbers so its not readable.

AND like bill, I’m thinking of downsizing. Two local inspectors drive Mazda Miata’s and love them. Room for your tool pouch and radon machine in front seat AND they say they can get the 8.5 Xtend and Climb behind seats and its great on gas. PLUS I’m told the REA’s eat it up cause they know you ain’t gonna be an alarmist.

My new ride !

Sportster and a side car!!! Lol
I agree that impression and local presents is crucial and pays high return in the perception of others.
My 2007 F150 super cab and 2006 HHR are black with vinyl graphics and every week i get comments like " ive seen your company vehicles around town " when they are booking or " you guys are a pretty large company as we see your vehicles often" on and on… Perception gets you in the door (or not) then of corse its performance that keeps them coming.

You can do without all marketing and image building and “control” your growth but as gor me, i wanted to establish our professional presents building the numbers then charge a deserved premium for our services that will
Control over volume. Max profits and maintain high quality… Thats my story and im sticking to it…:slight_smile: