What else do members want from InterNACHI? Post your suggestions.

I always specify on how long the inspections take and tell the buyer to tell their Realtor. Most always the Realtors will let the seller know.

Taking care of any possible recall issues is listed on the move in checklist I give clients. Part of my service is providing the information they need to make that job easier.

Of course. But why do you delay sending the Recall Check report for two weeks? Why has Nathan built this 2-week delay option into the service and why have you adopted the option? Anyway, we all know why.

Because the information is not needed before then.

Does Recall Check system have that delay built in?

C’mon. We all know why you use Nathan’s 2-week report delay option.

Yes. And you do know why, don’t you?

Enlighten us (the ones who have yet to offer this recall gimmick).

I do not understand the delay. The repair comes out of the manufacture’s pocket, not the seller, so why would it matter?

Tell us why.

Maybe Troy will explain why he uses Nathan’s 2-week report delay option.

To not kill the home sale?

BINGO! Give Christopher Currins a prize!

And that’s exactly why I’m never going to offer the service through InterNACHI. If you want it, go to Nathan.

I’m not going to advise my members to use a product that is so abhorrent to real estate agents that you have to use a built-in report delay option to sneak the report to your client after the inspection rider has expired. I’m here to help you grow your inspection businesses.

Nathan doesn’t have a 2-week report delay. You can choose to have it sent whenever you wish.

I choose the delay because as I said previously I have it on my move in checklist of things clients should take care of.

This is from the VAR home inspection contingency addendum:

1. HOME INSPECTION
    A. Inspection Period
    Contract is contingent (“Home Inspection Contingency”) until Days after Date of Ratification (“Home Inspection Deadline”) upon inspection(s) of Property by professional, insured inspector(s) (“Inspection”) at Purchaser’s discretion and expense. Such Inspection of the Property as Purchaser shall
    consider appropriate, may include, but is not limited to, geotechnical inspections, inspections of the structure, foundations, roof, flooring, HVAC systems, electrical system, plumbing system, appliances, exterior insulation finishing systems, drainage, windows, well and septic systems, and lead-based paint and radon.

I guess you could send it the day of the inspection report using the recall check as a part of your appliance inspection, but I don’t utilize it that way.

Smart businessman. You wouldn’t want the discovery of a recall within the inspection contingency period to piss off the agents.

See why InterNACHI doesn’t offer this folks?

So I think I’ve thoroughly answered the question about why we don’t offer a recall check service. Let’s move on.

What else would you like from InterNACHI?

Oh if only JB were here…:wink:
Nick its obviously transparent where this is going or has gone.
Last time I remembered, my job was to inspect the home for the client. If that means providing recall information on a fire hazard, then I did my job.
We are not, and have never been in this business to ensure we do not piss off agents. That happens regardless.
We all have grey areas and that line in the sand. They are all in different places for different people though.
Seem to recall you endorsing the whole recall check thing a while back. Why the change of heart all of a sudden??

Of course it is, why would you delay on something you, Nathan etc… say could save lives?

Probably to not make waves for the agents? That’s my guess…

We all know why you use Nathan’s 2-week report delay option.

Jim

Asked and answered