What food makes you feel the best in the morning?

1 cup Turkish coffee, or 1 big cup of fake, umm I mean regular coffee, if I don’t have time or feel like making the real coffee. Also a glass of pomegranate juice, a glass of kombucha, and a slug of kiefer. Then I get hungry usually at noon sharp. I keep Clif bars and a no chocolate version of Troll Mix in the van in case work dictates not having lunch at lunch time.:wink:

Couple shots of whiskey to get the heart pumping, handful of ibprophin, then head into the shady part of town for some good ol heroin.

But in reality, I usually have either scrambled eggs in coconut oil, in a ancient grains wrap, fruit, and lemon water and honey hot or cold.

my mid morning snack is a homemade mixture i started with coconut shavings,almonds, raisins, pecans, pumpkin seeds, maple syrup, sunflower seeds, cinnimon and some sea salt.

Don’t like OR drink coffee.

Typical meal might be one of the below …

2 poached eggs, english muffin with honey, orange and glass of skim milk.

2 Scrambled eggs with chopped veggies in it, 3 pieces of turkey bacon & glass OJ.

Oatmeal with raisins, a banana, 2 pieces of wheat toast w/PB on them & skim milk.

If running late … shoot thru MikeyD’s and grab a egg/sausage burrito & Ice Tea

I love my cantaloupe or honeydew but I don’t have it as often as I wish.

Some days it’s just a 12 oz coffee, some days an omelet.

I usually just eat the skip-a-breakfast and eat two lunches;-) One cup of Java and good to lunch

Hot shower and a newspaper. Wait. Those aren’t foods. Nevermind.

Wow…impressive! You guys eat incredibly well! :slight_smile:
The funny answers were great too-does the shot of whiskey help with customer service skills? haha

AND…its been said that the world would go terribly mad if coffee was ever banned. Good thing we have a surplus of it!

Here is a quick article on the science behind eating breakfast, and how it works in the system. Have a wonderful week!

http://acupunctureboulderco.com/the-importance-of-breakfast/

3 eggs from the hens out back, scrambled with fresh chorizo, green chilies, with 1/4 sliced avocado, a dash of sour cream and a bit of cilantro, in a fresh flour tortilla.

That and a diet pepsi with a dash of diet vanilla syrup. No coffee, ever.

I love the “diet pepsi.”

Yeah with the aspartame in it Hmmmmm, might as well just shoot yourself.

Actually, it’s now aspartame free…if it makes a difference or not. Is Diet Pepsi with sucralose healthier than aspartame? - MarketWatch

Just depends on what you want to kill yourself with.

I know, that’s why I ended with the statement I did.

Truth! Aspartame, sucralose, equal, splenda…they are all made of the same garbage. Terrible for your body and in additon it makes you gain weight and crave sugar. So, what’s the point? You are literally better off just having a real coke/pepsi on occasion. Stevia is the only type of sweetener that I know of that is similar and healthy. It comes from a leaf, and tastes like one of the above. Agave and honey are also good options. There is a whole chapter on aspartame in this book, as well as types of oils, grains, what to eat, how to eat, recipes-breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, etc. if anyone is interested in learning more.
“Diet” anything is typically not the greatest. The body needs fat in the form of oils. When they make something diet, light or low fat, they are taking the fat out of it. Fat is not the problem. It is the sugars and carbs that put stress on the body. This too is in the book. :slight_smile:

http://www.inspectoroutlet.com/health-and-wellness.aspx

My day starts out with a long walk somewhere in San Diego County. Usually 3-4 hours taking an average of 500 photographs. It’s called exercise, basically, and once I get the exercise out of the way, I eat and drink anything I darn well please, and none of it says “diet” on it…LOL

I don’t agree with your statement/belief at all…especially to an audience predominantly made up of middle-aged men.
Oil is for cars, not bodies :wink:

This is an absolutely untrue statement.

Each is a different molecule that happens to taste sweet.

Other than being sweet they have nothing to do with each other.

The screamers making unsupported claims have their own agenda.

Caveat emptor

Tell that to my wife who was laid on her back for 3 days in the hospital because of aspartame. I won’t go into the story of our BULL SH**^ moron Dr’s in our health system telling her they don’t understand what’s wrong.

You just keep you head in the sand and believe that everyone but businesses have an agenda.
Why do you think some of this stuff will land you in jail in another country if used in food products, because it’s good for you:roll:.

The government and businesses go hand in hand and they don’t give a RATS AZZ about you me or the next guy and what we put in our mouth…

Businesses just want you to spend money and they don’t care how, what or why of anything…

Well said and very true. It is always, and always will be, about the $. What’s more important than $ in life?

Kind of like our industry being controlled/governed by Real Estate Agents and no one says anything or does anything about because the $ is flowing abundantly…

Do you take Omega-3 supplements yet? :razz: