What is one of the best things you have learned in you life?

I have a fun idea. Someday I may put these answers and responses in a book or on the web or publish in some way. If you participate I will take that as an I can use it some day. I will leave the last name out if you disagree just cuz I am a sport.

By the way the thread about The Hungry Home Inspector gave me the idea.

I will start:

I have learned beside my story in the above thread. The best method to kill a flying insect it the 2 handed clap method. Maybe I will post a video some day. Just clat you hands above the critter if it is perched or aim for it in the air.

It is the best method I have come up with in 43 years and I do not want the knowledge lost.

Can anyone tell me how to edit a title? Once posted? I would like you to say your.

InterNACHI guys please help if you can.

proof read before posting? :mrgreen:

Seriously, that if you smile and greet your family members wife, kids etc…when they enter rather than just nodding as they go through the living room, everyones attitude in the house seems to improve.

Hire geniuses.

Better still do like I did and MARY one and stay with her.
57 years and the future looks great.
.All the best… Roy

Just the stuff I am looking for.

Great responses.

Marry a smoking hot chic…
At leas thats what I did. That is what all you Married guys did too… Right?!

More seriously. My motto: illegitimi non carborundum. Loosely translated, never let the bastards get you down.

I married a smoking hot chic who supported me to become a home inspector all while raising a family and working full time…

Great responses so far,

{Best answer} as everyone I know with money hires others to do the work us goofballs make peanuts for.
Middleman rules the economy.

Let me add to that…

As an artist I have spent half my life dreaming of amazing ideas in my head and how to create them then sell them but while doing shows noticed guys selling art created by third world artists ,bought wholesale then sold at a cheap price.

Who do you think made the most cash?

Lesson is we all have pride in our work but "those that learn to delegate will always be ahead"

My 1st boss taught me…

If you don’t ask, you don’t get.

Another boss taught me almost 15 years later…

Keep doing what you’re doing and you will keep getting what your getting.

Both go hand in hand.

My father died when I was 7 and my mom was killed when I was 16. My brother went to prison a year later and I had no one else to live with other than a friend. Sounds horrible and it is as a kid I really miss them but I learned quick that it was all up to me to provide for myself and my future family. I finished high school took some college, joined the service and raised two great kids and from much of nothing I built a home inspection business I’m proud of. What all that taught me is anyone can get anywhere with hard work and determination. Your destiny is really up to you.

As Billy said, you can do whatever you want as long as you want it enough.

Never burn a bridge. You just never know when you might need to cross it. Following that has paid handsome dividends, especially in this biz…

The same lesson I always gave my kids, “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you are probably right”.

1. Don’t believe anything you read and only 1/2 of what you see;-)
  2. A fool and his money are soon seperated

I’ve always known this, but I sometimes wonder about others…

“They can’t put anything on the Internet that isn’t true”.

Greatest thing I ever learned…How to open up an NEC…The ret was history:)

One negative + another negative does not make a positive.
Thus a positive attitude is always the way to go no matter what the challenge.:smiley:

So very very very true. I just need to figure another way to get it going again like the old days :slight_smile:

I think this is going to be a great thread. I have already learned a lot from what has been posted. Keep it up. This thread might actually do some folks good.