What is this on the gas line going to furnace?

There appears to be a pinkish-colored pair of twisted wires on at the top left of the unit in the first picture. The wires seem to disappear in the other two.

Wireless t-stat receivers ???

Yeah I see them now thought I was going blind. Definately not a lock out then. I think someone else mentioned a sensor for flow rate/usage that is a possibility. Darn it someone go take that thing apart and lets have a look see.

The realization of never knowing will linger in my mind.:frowning:

Kevin,

This is going to drive some of us nuts!
Can you read what it says on the side in your original photos?

Hi Kevin

The only time I have ever seen something like this it was for putting around automobile gas lines. It had heavy strong magnets inside.
The claim by the manufacturer was that it caused a cleaner fuel burn and was supposed to be better for the environment.
Their brochures never mentioned using the units on anything other than autos.
Not sure if that is what you have here, but the weight you mentioned made me think of the heaviness of the products (due to the magnets) that I saw.

Here is the closest I could find.
http://waycoolfinds.com/fluidtreatment.html

If that is what it is for, it didn’t notice any Magnet when I lifted it up on the gas pipe.

I’m going to find out what heating company installed those things and pay them to put one on my furnace.:wink:

don’t laugh but they sell a similar thing for cars to put on your gas line to the carburator, it has a magent that is to collect any micro metal particles and is supposed to do some strange molecule rearanging for better mileage. Maybe that is what this is ?

Snake oil salesmen have been selling magnetic devices for over a century. They don’t do a darn thing.
Not for gasoline, natural gas, water, or your lumbago.

Sorry folks but there is a sucker born every minute.

My brother even spent hundreds for one that was supposed to make his water soft.
Guess what it did work.:frowning:

Hey I may be crazy but 10 years ago I collapsed to the floor at work and could not move from my back.
Some one put a magnetic belt on it and I got up 10 minutes later like nothing happened.
Mind over matter maybee,but I will never know for sure.
They said acupunture was for the schills ,but now it is accepted.
There are many things we do not know yet.
Anyway Kevin you said it was heavy which means magnets could explain the weight.
Sounds silly but did they have cleanouts at the bottom?

“Click To Enlarge”
Then follow the arrow…
DSC03478.JPG
See the wire?

Go back and take it apart.