What is this valve?

Backflow preventer

Jandy Valve

Let’s just say Mexico is looking good right about now Wayne!!:smiley:

There was a device years ago about 15 years i think someone was pushing it was supposed to neutralize mineral in the water somewhat like the magnet thing for gas lines it went in line and kinda look like a valve i wonder if this is what that is , I do believe it was a hoax deal.

Last year I did a large home that backed up to one of the hundreds of bayous and waterways. The home was vacant and the buyer was with me. We kept finding all kinds of strange looking valves and devices both electrical and plumbing. I told the buyer I had never seen any of the devices but they reminded me of valves and things I used to see when I was at sea and he being very knowledgble said he had not either but agreed. The selling agent showed up about half way through and I mentioned this to her. She then told us the owner had worked off shore on the oil rigs but was no longer in town to answer those questions. Between the two of us we figured this guy must have purloined these items to use in the home. The buyer said as long as they were working he had no problems with it. I did detail this out in the report just to cover my six. You just never know what people will do or build into a home. Be prepared for anything.