what is this

Client found this in her new home, looks like a filter medium inside one end.
Anyone seen one of these?

April 29 2010 002.jpg

Coffee maker filter. Probably has activated charcoal in it. There’s a recess in the reservoir tank that you stick it in. That’s why it has the long handle.

I KNOW coffee