What is this?

Found this on sub-flooring of a 120 year old peroperty, No water or moiture present. No damage to wood.

Anybody ever see this?

Looks like someone threw a turd on the ceiling and it stuck… What did it taste like?

To me it looks like overspray or splatter from an asbestos or cementitious product. Are there any adjacent areas where this may have been applied and squirted through seams? 120 years ago was probably too early to use asbestos in original construction but it might have been applied during a renovation.

Looks like some insect layed some eggs there .