What kind of setup is this?

Do these breakers act like a safety feature if the tenants try to use to big of a fuse?

Do these breakers act like a safety feature if the tenants try to use to big of a fuse?

DSC00381.jpg

Looks like they removed the fuse panels and added breaker panels to supply over current protection the the branch circuits. The knife switch and fuses are the main disconnect and main over current.

It could have been a accessibility issue too with the main knife switch being out of reach.

The breakers are simply over current protection to the individual circuits of each residence, with the fuses as the main OCPD.

It appears these are relatively small units, and there were likely no additional panels within the residences.

To be honest with you…This looks like permitted work to me. I would question the bend radius issue in the center and right circuit breaker provided disconnects. Cutting KO’s in the side of those enclosures would more than 100% cause a bending radius issue which could be a bigger problem later. Also appears to some other issues going on as well but again I will stick to one defect and call it out for evaluation…since I can’t hire myself…lol

I usually hate commenting on images since I really can’t see everything clear or history behind the installation but that’s my 2 cents on the issue…:wink:

I total understand, thanks for your 2 cents

You are right Jeff