What to charge for a 4- Plex?

Originally Posted By: swalch
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

What would be a guide line for inspecting a 4-plex, or even more units, if the base single family home charge is $250 upto 2000 Sq Ft.?

Originally Posted By: bkelly2

What is your comptetition doing. Here it is common to charge a base of say $250.00 and the $110.00 per unit thereafter.

“I used to be disgusted, Now I try to Be amused”-Elvis Costello

Originally Posted By: dvalley

$415.00 is my price.

David Valley

MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: jhugenroth

I get about $500 here.

Originally Posted By: mboyett

I charge $.10 psf plus $75 for each additional unit after the first one. So, a 4-plex with 4 x 900 sf units would be $585.

Mike Boyett

Capital City Inspections

Austin, Tx

www.capcityinspections.com

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

I just did a 4 plex last week and the fee was $650. My starting fee on single family is $250.

Originally Posted By: whandley

Wow, how did you guys come up with those prices without having all the information.

Size and configuration of each unit? Number of bedrooms/bathrooms in each unit, On slab and or raised foundation? Age of the structure? Garages and or carports? Accessible attics? Central air?

If I do a four-plex in Dana Point, CA, townhouse style, two bedroom, two and a half bathrooms with individual sub areas, individual attics, individual garages, individual exterior decks, fireplace is each unit, central air in each unit, built in 1975. No way am I only going to charge $600.00.... I'm going to be there all day long and up half the night finishing the report. ![icon_idea.gif](upload://6VKizmOm2U7YYmfXNtFW4XTwFVy.gif)

Originally Posted By: swalch

I just wanted to get an idea and a starting point for a fee to charge. It is sure nice to get all this input, it gives me a good idea on what to charge.

Thanks

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Quote:
Size and configuration of each unit? Number of bedrooms/bathrooms in each unit, On slab and or raised foundation? Age of the structure? Garages and or carports? Accessible attics? Central air?

Because around here they're all about the same and are not all that difficult to do. Everything here is slab on grade.

Originally Posted By: jrivera

$600.00 at least