What we can't proctor.

Hey Dave! How’s it going?

I was just lurking here to, that’s why I was questioning Gerry’s post and Nick followup. I read the whole thread and still didn’t see anyone bragging about passing. :-k Whatever!

Bob W… you took Gerry’s comment out of context. Here is his post:

And a beauty it is :smiley: .

I agree, especially that last paragraph.=D>

Bob, as far as I am concerned after 4 years NACHI is still a work in progress, and much as some things have changed others have yet to do so.

I bet if I were to put up a poll now about a low cost full proctored membership exam that would allow members who are not required to pass NHIE for state licensing to have the same braggng rights as ASHI full members, That I would get a higher % in agreement than the last time I asked the question 2 years ago.

We all move on, we all develop, and we all feel a lot more confident than we did 4 years ago, that is reflected in our ever increasing membership requirements.

Are we there yet? Hell no way but we are getting very close.

If I thought that the above was not true I would have given up a long time ago.

Regards

Gerry

Gerry quote: “Bob, as far as I am concerned after 4 years NACHI is still a work in progress, and much as some things have changed others have yet to do so.”

Gerry, I couldn’t agree more, however, the reason some things have changed and others have yet to do so is because concerned members continue to call for them. As the saying goes “the sqeaky wheel gets the grease”. BTW left you a message! BW

100% Support from this camp.

I just like to see my name in lights.:smiley:

All bs aside
Gerry has a test that makes the NHIE kind of obsolete. I know it cant go public due to legal issues, but I will tell you that it is a heck of a lot better as it has no stick pictures:roll: and is much more concise than the NHIE. Yes, I was one of the trial pigs. It makes our entrance exam look silly!!

I think all members should pass within 1 year of joining NACHI.

I got a 92% :cool::cool::cool::D, but I cheated LOL:p

JMO

Gerry you rock!:cool:

It is not just the pics that are better… our exam systems have built-in intelligence behind them that is on the cutting-edge of exam development.

Our scoring system is much more advanced than existing home inspector exams to the benefit of public safety. Each item is validated to determine the relative importance on assessing the exam takers knowledge and skill, as is each answer to each question. Then each is weighted accordingly. Not only are the questions in the exam weighted, the answers are as well in the sense that an exam taker is punished severely (in terms of score) for incorrectly answering questions that indicate that he/she could cause physical harm to the public, but not greatly rewarded (in terms of score) for correctly answering such questions. This same scoring is used for questions that test minimum competency. Likewise, difficult questions (questions that lie outside or nearly outside the scope of a home inspection) are weighted such that the exam taker is not severely punished for answering incorrectly. Other existing home inspector exam’s questions and answers are all weighted the same in terms of scoring.

And one other thing… I agree with Todd when he said that the NHIE is obsolete… but not just obsolete… the NHIE is far too easy even for a self-admitted “minimum standard” exam. 65% pass and the folks that pass need only pass with a 70% which means they can answer wrong almost 1/3 of the time and still pass!! They should lynch from a high tree anyone who even suggests using it for NACHI, state licensing, CMI, or any other purpose in the industry… and it should never be included in the same sentence with any of our exams.

wheel1.jpg