What would cause this?

I has nothing to do with over nailing as you “guessed”

It is very consistent with a thermal issue from reflected sunlight or other heat source.

Can you ever just admit to were wrong? :roll:

Yes Michael I can however even some of the new homes built by the so called best have waves in the siding after slight movement in a corner the the deflection of the siding happens when the nails are not installed correctly. The siding holds that position and never goes back.
I am not going to say this is definitive and I am just spit balling. Heat was needed also to cause this much damage. My guess would be an out of control Bbq.

Those are not waves caused by tight nails.

I repeat.

Those are not waves caused by tight nails…

And another guess not consistent with BBQ damage.

I see it often.

It does not match the picture.

Kevin,
I think we all understand your point, but look at the second photo closely. There is no way that is caused by improper installation that you are trying to describe. It’s caused by heat.

You can argue about where the heat is coming from, but it is definitely heat damage.

I do not agree! When you add heat to the equation you possibly might not have had this much damage if it had been installed correctly. But there is no way of knowing for sure. Go to VSI training.

Oh good grief.

KEVIN will never change.

How sad is that?

No Michael!

Please stop KEVIN.

You are misinforming other HIs.

I and others will continue to call out your antics.

Listen here Michael I am not saying it is not from reflection. I am not at the home to see if they did install it correctly. Some siding companies reason that because it is white it will not. I have seen bucking from settlement. But I can’t know if both are coupled nor can you.

I do fully understand this issue also.

STOP JUST STOP

You made it very clear what you thought it was.

You have been backpedaling ever since.

You insist are trying to appear as if you actually know what you are talking about.

Yes sir!

Let us know what you find out.

Mike, do you need a 3# hammer, it did not sell in my garage sale this weekend. It might work to drive some common sense in this embiscile’s brain.

Somehow I don’t think a 10 lb. mall would help.:shock:

:mrgreen:You’re right.

Ignorance will get you know where Marcel. BTW I love your comment.

Well, I am sure glad that you have noticed you have a problem.

I have been inspecting for years and have never even seen a scorch mark with a dryer on vinyl siding. I have seen close windows cause reflection marks but we are talking a window that is at least 35 feet away. I think still it was a Bbg or reflection but from what, it is possible improper installation as I have observed this when talking about siding.

Stephen?

I think its time again. :frowning: