What would requirements be???

A hallway???

At a minimum.

tom

NEC, Annex G, 80.29

Speedy,I did not know that you’re not a HI, mighty nice of you to come here and help out. Ken

And here I thought you guys didn’t do code. :mrgreen:

We do…but we do it our own way.:wink:

That room needs a receptacle every couple feet of wall space, a light, a battery backed up emergency light, battery backed up exit signs, grab bars, luminescent egress path tape on the floor, smoke detector, rate of rise detector, fire alarm horn and strobe, fire alarm manual pull station, smoke evacuation fans, audible exit instruction annunciator, anthrax detector, hitching post for bomb sniffing dog, metal detector at the door, and lever type locksets. That ought to cover it.

[Don’t get too wacky. It’s a porch. It needs very minimal lighting of some sort to satisfy the building code and that’s it. If the door going into the house has a window in it, there would be enough light shining through it from the light inside to satisfy the building code requirements, minimal as they are. ]

You forgot the trap door for the tax assessor. :slight_smile:

As always, I appreciate the input and conversation.

Thanks for the participation.

As for the code issue, I am not sure there is a violation given what I see here.

At the risk of another red box I will say again, why do you care what the code says. If it is going to be a convenience/design issue for the customer, cite it. You are a home inspector, not a code inspector.