What would you call it.

not talking about Bill. Tell me why other is wrong

Just saying certain insurance companies will take away credits if you check other. Then there is another insurance company that if you put clip and show a picture of a wrap will then reinspect you and want other checked with the explaination as to why. So then you woulsd state why.

Which I personally believe or do has nothing to do with anything

First, it meets the definition of 'Clip".

Second, I believe we have a responsibility to our client to provide them with an useful product. ‘Other’, is an meaningless answer than wastes your client’s money and time. "Other’, is not utilized by the industry.

But hey, what do I know?

**:twisted: I WANT ALL THE INSPECTORS ON THE TREASURE COAST TO USE OTHER!!! **LOL

Then, why is “other” on the form?
If the definition above includes any form of metal nailed to the trusses, in any manner, then it is either, toe nail, double wrap, single wrap, or clip.

Then what would you use on a house that has rebar embed in the tie beam and wraps around the truss?

Now that IS an example of OTHER.

It is clearly NOT an example of a clip. Which requires nails.

But don’t let me try to convince any of you.

Greg Bells response is an example of why OTHER is there and why your clients recieve no credit for that rating.

Who said “my clients” receive no credit?
I am merely pointing out, that due to the faultiness of the form, again, there is room for interpretation and I would be willing to bet, that the insurance companys’ inspector, would mark “other” in order to not give a discount.

I have been down this exact road. It is a clip…no…it isn’t…it is an improperly installed wrap…it is a toe nail…it’s a clip…no…it is other…no it is a toe nail…no…the roof isn’t even attached as far as we are concerned according to the picture…the picture…the picture says…

Well Mr. Insurance guy, why don’t you just fill out the form any way you wish…just don’t sign my name to it.:mrgreen::mrgreen:

You could check other, and write; metal attachment that meets the definition of a clip. Or, you could mark clip. Either way would be accurate. If the reinspector marked this as other, this would most probably be rated as a clip. Do what you feel most comfortable with.

Correct. The point is explain your findings and label your pictures. It is sometimes good to listen to what others know about what the insurance company is doing and looking for. If you have the thought as you know everything, then you will get left behind.