What's happening here?

Hint, note the spotty siding.

Can someone take a wild guess as to what type of siding this is?

Dave, I was hoping to see a better picture to the right of the AC next to the chimney. What you posted could still be the same reflection.

Fiber cement???

Cools and heats very quickly.

Sorry, I don’t have it.

The A/C penetration is minor compared to what is actually going on with this house.

Nope…

Vinyl siding

Nope…

You guys want the answer?

YUP, good one Dave.

:slight_smile: Alluminum siding?

Marcel :slight_smile: :smiley:

Nope…look at the differentials within feet of each other.

My kids are nagging me to tickle them, before they go to bed.

I’m going to let you all ponder over these pics and I’ll see if some late night HI’s can tell me what’s going on with this house…

I don’t know, it’s not vinyl, not cement, not aluminum…

Is it pine, what else comes in 4’’???

Well, I did say wood the first time. A new siding out there I haven’t seen yet or what. ? :smiley: :wink:

Marcel :slight_smile:

Is it Masonite!!!

That would explain it.

David, the tickling helped, I think I will be right behind your kids. ha. ha.

Thanks, this was educational.

Marcel :slight_smile: :smiley:

Asbestos tile

Not true. An experienced thermographer would know enough to know he didn’t have enough information. Level I certification does not include taking accurate temperature measurements. Level II thermographers are qualified and trained in this. I would wipe out those temps before handing this over to a client.

Is it hardboard composition siding with moisture issues?

Awww-We have to wait till tomorrow to find out:neutral: Dave, you are a tease.:slight_smile:

I have a good one from an energy audit I did tonight and will post it tomorrow.

Aaahhh…who’s the tease now!!!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Mic

Older home with vinyl siding walls, looks like no insulation or very little, heat loss around the A/c unit, tree is in the way of the IR measurements, what was the day sunny or cloudy. what was the wind speed, was the sun directly behind you…hmmmm lots of unanswered questions,
the wind might be hitting the wall with a low temp outside. There is alot to know about this reading… Daveeeeeeeeeee lol spill the beans