what's this about NAHI?

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

In response to comments made by Nick and Joe in this thread. Take the time to read this

Gromicko said:"NAHI (to their credit) told USInspect to go jump in a lake... until USInspect bought them. Then they instantly, without even telling their members, lowered their Code of Ethics to accommodate USInspect (a for-profit company who competes against NAHI members).

Ask Mallory to post one of her canceled paychex and ask her to publicly deny that they changed their Code of Ethics to accommodate USInspect."

Truth: NAHI is a 501C6 non profit corporation that is essentially owned by it's members. NAHI has a board of directors made up of 9 people that are elected to the board in general elections (there's a unique concept..let the members vote)held once a year to serve a two year term. Each of NAHI's members can vote. There is a 50% turnover(or possibility of ) every year for the board members. The board is comprised of at present (2) AHIT trainers, (1) ITA trainer (1) WINI member and the remainder are independents. There are NO US Inspect members at present on the board.

Mallory Anderson's paycheck comes from Herrington Company. Herrington Company is a management corporation that NAHI hired to run the business aspect of the association. Herrington is answerable to NAHI's board, and follows their directives. NAHI is Herrington's client and it's in Herrington's best interest to follow NAHI's directives or that relationship could be jeopardized.

"NAHI? Dudes, where have you been? They're over. Stick a fork in 'em. They are down to 800 some members and dropping, a 20% renewal rate!, sold out to USInspect, recently LOWERED their SOP, have a website that hasn't changed in 4 years, have no membership benefits, and recently had a regional convention with 28 inspectors in attendance. Turn out the lights someone."
Truth: NAHI has very close to 2,000 members and experienced excellent growth this year. They are opening two to three chapters this month and have members in fifty states. They currently have 22 chapters. Their membership is at record levels as of today.

Farsetta said" As the story goes, they then purchased the business of the Treasurer at ASHI. To ASHIs great credit, the BOD promptly asked the treasurer to resign.

Without an "in" at ASHI, US Inspect trained its eye on the last HI association of any size ot notariety; NAHI.

It is our understanding that US Inspect purchased the HI businesses of several NAHI BOD members. If this is true, and those gents are still on the NAHI BOD, US Inspect has, in effect, purchased the drivers seat at NAHI.

Truth: There are NO US Inspect members on the NAHI Board at present.
The first thing done after this, was to lower their COE. Interesting...

Now, this is how the story goes. I'd like to see some verification of this stuff,as it is presently all heresay. I am not belittling NAHI. It's just that Mallory Anderson, NAHI's ED, has yet to address the rumour mill.

US Inspect has just under two hundred field employees. Only about a half of those employees joined NAHI. Many of those that did join hold the CRI status. Around 25 employees are still ASHI. US Inspect operates in roughly 30 markets and gain market share by finding successful inspection companies and then buying them out. They frequently retain the owner of the company as a well paid employee with excellent benefits to continue operating the branch.

I'd like you folks to also consider that less than a hundred US Inspect employees joined NAHI. Membership for US Inspect employees in NAHI is not mandatory.
US Inspect accounts for less than 5% of NAHI's numbers and that's not enough for NAHI to modify a damn thing on US Inspect's behalf.

In conclusion: NONE of the statements made by Gromicko in this regard are true, neither was the statement that he made saying Noel Zak gave him the answers to the NHIE. Gromicko listed every WINI affiliate as a member. That wasn't true either. I'm sure that neither Noel Zak nor Mallory Anderson would lower themselves to respond to Nick's statements

For any of you that care to check, all the information was readily accessible . I urge each of you to research your own questions. If you have no questions, you should have. EVERY other organization or association that's listed as non-profit was very forthcoming with information on where their money comes from, how it's spent, who decides to spend it and how they're governed. Try and get those answers here.

I'm thinking of writing a book.
"P.T. Barnum Lives Again"

Is there an extradition treaty between Colorado and PA? I hope so

OK, I'm done for now,
Chad Fabry
www.structuresmart.com
StructureSmart Home Inspection Rochester, NY
Code:

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Chad,

If you dont like it here, leave.

No wait... you're not a member. I almost forgot.

We've all kind of figured out where you are coming from.

Your posts have been divisive from the get go. Why dont you remind everyone who IS (as you are not) a NACHI member how you and a few others tried to hijack this org. If we suck so much, Chad, why the interest? You are as transparent as they come.

Are you really done for now?

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: pdacey

Quote:
Have you considered suing your brain for non-support?

I love it! ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

--
Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636
www.southwestinspections.com

Originally Posted By: Guest

Joe,

I keep coming back because you give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

I'd stop coming 'round if there wasn't so darn much misinformation. I get all focused on the facts. It's a flaw in my character

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Chad:

Lots to respond to so I'll get to the 3 main ones:

1. I've said all I can say about the whole http://www.nachi.org/qa thingie on another thread and refuse to keep repeating it here.

2. WIN franchise owners are not free to do anything they please (most don't even know this) and WIN headquarters reserves much control. Tracy Adams, Executive Director of WIN and I negotiated for many of her pre-qualified inspectors to join NACHI in bulk. This negotiation went on for nearly a year (I have the emails to prove it). She then asked that certain inspectors not be listed on some sites. Under WIN franchise agreements this negotiation is within her power, not the individual franchise owners who have little control over anything. For instance, WIN franchise owners all have the same website and wield no control over even their own websites. Anyway, we later began deleting certain WIN members for breaking our COE, which is within our right, not Tracy's. I agree it is a mess and would never do it again. Tracy probably wouldn't either. We both tried to do something good and we failed. She is a good gal. Anyway, we ended up with many loyal WIN/NACHI members as a consolation prize.

3. I noticed that in your lengthy post which is very detailed, you neglected to even touch on the main point... that being that NAHI took the outrageous step of secretly lowering their Code of Ethics in return for money and to accommodate USInspect and that NAHI has yet to deny it. USInspect has yet to deny it. Even your post doesn't outright deny it. No one denies it... because it is true?

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Let me make it easy for you Chad, I’ll give you a yes or no question:

Did NAHI lower their Code of Ethics at about the time 100 (according to you) or so USInspect employees joined?

YES or NO?

Note: USInspect inspectors are not franchise owners. They are employees of Virginia based USInspect and get their paychecks from USInspect.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Hold on everyone… I see he is asking Pete Cook for help with this Yes or No question.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Can someone explain the Ethics rift that occurred between ASHI and USInspect, which lead to the mass exodus of USInspect from ASHI (while we wait for Chad and Pete) ?

Inquiring minds want to know.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: ekartal

I know I’ve asked a few questions of my own about this topic and I’ll ask my last one here icon_surprised.gif . I just thoroughly read NAHI’S COE and could not identify anything that would be in favor of U.S. Inspect or any other inspection firm. I think that should be clarified.

Erol Kartal

Erol:

It is not what is now there... it is what is now missing. Do you have an earlier version of NAHI's COE?

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

No. I rest my case.

Erol

Me too. Chad seems full of detailed information. We’ll wait for him to deny that NAHI accommodated USInspect (just after the Ethics rift between ASHI and USInspect) and that this accommodation concerned Ethics.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

I just want to make one point here, lest anyone misunderstand. USInspect is not to blame for anything and should suffer no shame whatsoever. USInspect is a for-profit company and should do what is in their best interest. There is absolutely no shame in any for-profit company doing what it thinks is best. They do what they should do.

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

You can’t blame NAHI for wanting to increase their membership by welcoming a large company like U.S. Inspect. The COE thing, I’ll stay out of that. But it is true that there is not a single U.S. Inspect employee on the NAHI board.

Erol

Conceded and I don’t blame them for wanting to increase membeship.

Here is the problem as I see it and I'm not blaming anyone, including USInspect, but you will note by the first post in this thread that I didn't start this up again and I have a duty to defend myself and my statements. Anyway, here is my personal summary of this:

USInspect did what is should have and acted correctly. They are a for-profit company, not an association. They are financially successful and should be admired for it. This is the goal of any for-profit company. They have inspectors to feed.

However, this situation clearly puts ASHI & NAHI on opposite sides. If ASHI is right, then NAHI is wrong. If NAHI is right, then ASHI is wrong. One of them has to swallow the poison.

Having said that, I believe that ASHI was right and I commend them for it (it cost them a bundle of $ to stick to their guns). Nice job ASHI... and no I haven't been in the liquor cabinet ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif) .

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

One other thing… I am not an animal (well, I’m usually not an animal). If someone can show me where my thinking on this is wrong, I will change my personal position.

Help make Nick evolve.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: gbell

You sure looked like an animal when you arrived back from the beach on Saturday.

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service

Oh, wait till I tell you. Here I am trying to sneak into the beautiful Westin Hotel at 4:30pm in my wet swim suit, sunburn, barefeet, and sand all over me. (I’m on the cell phone talking to Joe Hagarty, telling him I’m not coming all the way to FL without going in the ocean and that I’ll be a few minutes late). I see this huge line of inspectors (over 100) already in the lobby trying to register for our NACHI meeting. One inspector dressed in a suit and tie recognizes me and is shocked. I look at him with a serious expression and say… “I told you this meeting was casual!” icon_lol.gif

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: Guest

Nick,

I didn't address the COE yet, That's for tomorrow.

Please admit that the membership numbers you cited for NAHI, the claim that USInspect owns NAHI, The claim by Farsetta made that USinspect bought board positions @ NAHI. are all incorrect and we'll move nicely to the issue of COE. If you're not an animal Nick, you'd concede to the facts and the fact that you misrepresented them.

Then we'll get to COE.

You mentioned WINi in your post and to keep on topic this, post and thread are about USInspect. USinspect has employees, not members. They are a for profit company that does an excellent job at acquisition and recruitment.

Truth be known Nick USInspect didn't come to you...you went to them, you courted them, then you begged. When they turned you down, you started your foot stomping in Brian's thread on ASHI and NACHI.

Lets stick to the issue of the thread just this one time. That would be a pleasant anomoly.

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

To those who had bets on how long it would take for my head to explode over this guy; who won the pot and how much was it worth? ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."