what's this about NAHI?

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

You must be drunk.

First of all here is what I wrote: "We'll wait for him to deny that NAHI accommodated USInspect (just after the Ethics rift between ASHI and USInspect) and that this accommodation concerned Ethics."
You haven't denied it. Sober up first and deny it so you can say you were of sound mind.

Second of all here is what you just wrote: "You mentioned WINi in your post and to keep on topic this, post and thread are about USInspect." and then you wrote "Lets stick to the issue of the thread just this one time." I didn't mention WINi, YOU DID. Here is what you wrote FIRST before I ever mentioned WINI: " Gromicko listed every WINI affiliate was just replying to it." Read back and look who mentioned WINi first. It was you. Sober up.

Third of all, NAHI hit 1711 members at its peak at the begining of ASHI branding, their numbers have been sliding. Now they are at about 800 due paying or renewing members. I have exact numbers if you need them. I also have emails from Mallory to others. They are an association of dead ASHI bodies (guys who quit ASHI). They have no http://www.nachi.org/benefits.htm to speak of.

Fourth of all here is what you just wrote: "USinspect has employees, not members. They are a for profit company that does an excellent job at acquisition and recruitment. " Look back and read what I wrote before you. They are the same. Stop drinking.

Fifth of all here is what you just wrote: "you started your foot stomping in Brian's thread on ASHI and NACHI. " Impossible, I have been locked out and banned from Brian Hannigans board for years. You are either drunk or a liar or both.

This is too easy. Sober up and try again. But I can't pick on a drunk. I'm done with this thread until you deny #1. Email me when you do.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: kmcmahon

Joe,

What exactly are you trying to say here?

J/K ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) I need a drink...

--
Wisconsin Home Inspection, ABC Home Inspection LLC

Search the directory for a Wisconsin Home Inspector

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

Chad:

What is your point?

Sorry to see you have so much free time.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

He might be talking about the Brian on this board that started a thread about ASHI and NACHI. In any case. I didn’t start either of these threads nor did I mention either of their names. As Al Pachino once said… “they drag me back in!” icon_lol.gif

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: Brian A. Goodman

I have absolutely no direct knowledge of what happened between U. S. Inspect and either ASHI or NAHI, so I plan to stay out of this. I would like to interject just long enough to differ with Nick about this:

I just want to make one point here, lest anyone misunderstand. USInspect is not to blame for anything and should suffer no shame whatsoever. USInspect is a for-profit company and should do what is in their best interest. There is absolutely no shame in any for-profit company doing what it thinks is best. They do what they should do.

It's only my opinion, but I think that if a private for-profit company solicits a non-profit professional organization in the same industry for the purpose of buying influence within, without both fully disclosing it, they would both be guilty of unethical behavior. The non-profit would be out of bounds even if it did disclose it. Neither is illegal, but definitely unethical from my perspective.

Where the truth lies in this particular case I don't know. Please pardon the interruption.

I’d like to agree but my lobbying kettle is black icon_redface.gif .

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: Guest

(Gromicko) You must be drunk.

I'm not

(Gromicko)First of all here is what I wrote: "We'll wait for him to deny that NAHI accommodated USInspect (just after the Ethics rift between ASHI and USInspect) and that this accommodation concerned Ethics."

Here's what you wrote

(Gromicko)NAHI? Dudes, where have you been? They're over. Stick a fork in 'em. They are down to 800 some members and dropping, a 20% renewal rate!, sold out to USInspect, recently LOWERED their SOP, have a website that hasn't changed in 4 years, have no membership benefits, and recently had a regional convention with 28 inspectors in attendance. Turn out the lights someone." NAHI? Dudes, where have you been? They're over. Stick a fork in 'em. "

(Gromicko) Second of all here is what you just wrote: "You mentioned WINi in your post and to keep on topic this, post and thread are about USInspect." and then you wrote "Lets stick to the issue of the thread just this one time." I didn't mention WINi, YOU DID. Here is what you wrote FIRST before I ever mentioned WINI: " Gromicko listed every WINI affiliate was just replying to it." Read back and look who mentioned WINi first. It was you. Sober up.

My bad, I forgot that I mentioned that you listed all the WINI affiliates were members of NACHI even though they weren't. By the way Nick, exactly how many folks are listed like that. I got an email from an ex member who said he can't beg his name off your list.

(Gromicko)Third of all, NAHI hit 1711 members at its peak at the begining of ASHI branding, their numbers have been sliding. Now they are at about 800 due paying or renewing members. I have exact numbers if you need them. I also have emails from Mallory to others.

According to NAHI they have just barely under 2,000 members at this time and their growth has never been better. They expect to break 2,000 in the next few weeks, I'll keep you posted. If you have emails Nick, post them, I can't believe that you haven't already

(Gromicko)Fourth of all here is what you just wrote: "USinspect has employees, not members. They are a for profit company that does an excellent job at acquisition and recruitment. " Look back and read what I wrote before you. They are the same. Stop drinking.

I was confirming your statement and acknowledging the content. In retrospect it does seem redundant. My bad

(Gromicko)Fifth of all here is what you just wrote: "you started your foot stomping in Brian's thread on ASHI and NACHI. " Impossible, I have been locked out and banned from Brian Hannigans board for years. You are either drunk or a liar or both.

You figured this out on your own already but to be clear, I meant the thread Brian Goodman started on this forum

Joe Farsetta, To your comments that, as always, are a sophomoric attempt at diversion I have no reply.

Nick, I'm not the liar here, I did a little research and I believe the numbers I've been provided with are accurate and the numbers you stated are skewed. I didn't claim that Noel Zak gave me the answers to the NHIE...you did. I didn't claim that all WINI members were members of NACHI, you did. I don't own an association where the membership numbers are inflated, you do.

I'm just tired of watching you get away with making these claims when in fact there's little basis in truth in any of them. I suppose I could read back and dig some more out, but this is enough for now.

When you admit that you really have no idea what NAHI's numbers are or that you lied, that Noel Zak didn't provide you with the answers to the NHIE , I'll be happy to discuss the COE at NAHI. Oddly, we'll probably agree on that issue to some extent.

Joe Hagarty: My point is that the Executive Director isn't doing a good job providing facts for the membership here and his numbers, claims and promises should all be held to a bright light to be sure they aren't counterfeit. I agree on the time thing, I have two businesses to run and it could probably be better spent.

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

I've tried to get on other forums, ASHI and NAHI, to name a few but they wouldn't let me in. How do you do it? Come on share your secrets. I wonder if it is the personal telephone calls to George Moomaw, Scott Patterson, Jimmy Morrison and a few others that enlighten you on all your misinformation. Maybe its the flame and blame section of the TIJ board. (No wait, it can't be that, I doubt you would post there because the posts are eliminated within 24 hours. No way your message would be heard).

I relish the day you get enough inspections to finally join ASHI. You'll probably be shocked when you find out that the opinions of those few on the TIJ and other boards do not reflect the opinions of the majority of ASHI. But wait, you must already know this, because it is obvious that you are on their forums because of your access to every aspect of how they are funded, who signs the checks, etc.

Maybe you are considering becoming an employee of U.S. Inspect. I remember reading on the TIJ Forum of your newbie status and how you are operating in the red. Yeah, that must be it. That's why you are so overly concerned with NAHI. Yup, you must have called Ms. Anderson direct and asked those impeding questions. How much do ya make? Where do you get your money from? Who signs the checks? Or is it that you do have access to their forum and can get the answers directly off that.

My little challenge to you. Say what you wish on this board, but let's start backing up our statements. You stated that every other organization freely distributes this information. All you have to do is search for the information. O.K. I bite. Help me out. I can't seem to get this information.

Smarten up Chad. Why do you think George, Scott, Brian, and a couple of others on the TIJ board are so chummy with you. It's because you are a faithful follower. Yup, you the Great Chad, a follower. You bite into every morsel of misinformation that they feed you and take it as gospel. Then with your "better than thou" attitude you try to evoke their beliefs and misinformation on us and the public at large. Your no dummy, of course you'll post on this, the biggest most read bulletin board within the Home Inspection, Industry. You Pompous A#*. Grow up and think for yourself.

Good Morning John,

I spoke with people at the various associations and companies involved. The information I posted in its entireity comes directly from the horse's mouth. Either by email or by asking verbally over the phone. I am disappointed in you though for following Joe's poor example of a personal attack instead of simply asking yourself "what's really the truth" and then digging around to find out for yourself.

It's odd that you mentioned TIJ, I can honestly say that none of the people there have ever said one word to me about my posts on this board. They couldn't care less about what happens at NACHI. I wish I was that evolved. They're not feeding me anything, heck I don't need anyone to do that. Nick does it.

John, don't let me get you worked up, you're too nice a guy for that.

As for my operating in the red, yup it's true, for my HI business anyway. Luckily I don't need the income or I'd be screwed. It's my first year and I had a lot of expense and not a ton of business. It'll change, things are picking up.

Be well, John

If anyone is following this thread (I'm done), please email me if anyone... anyone at all denies this. I don't care if it's Chad, Mallory, Pete Cook, a board member of NAHI, USInspect's attorney (a nice guy by the way)... anyone at all out there. If it isn't true someone should deny it... it is clear to all that Chad won't.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

It’s not like they are on another planet.

Mallory has given me stuff to post on this board before.
I've met with Pete Cook before.
USInspect has emailed me before.
I've spoken to USInspect's attorney many times before.
I have communicated with a NAHI board member before.

If what I claim is untrue... someone please deny it and we'll let it go at that. Someone. Anyone.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

Deleted… icon_biggrin.gif

Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I think a couple NACHI members know who Chad really is. Chris could probably find out, but let’s not out any ASHI big wigs here (oops). icon_lol.gif

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

For God’s sake.

Look up my name in the phone book. Call my business right now T.K. Fabry and son. Rochester, NY

Look me up on IATN I'm there too.

ASHI big wig...give me a break. Why not just admit the numbers are skewed instead of making this crap up.

Have Chris check my IP address... track it. How many ASHI big wigs live in Rochester, NY?

I am always impressed at the lengths you go to cover your tracks. Nauseated, but impressed.

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

And again, he posts but won’t answer the question. Unless you can find something helpful and/or positive to contribute, don’t go away mad, Chad, just go away.

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Chad is a pompous a$%. A child, with a bent. A newbie inspector (allegedly). A liar.

Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Chad:

Email me your phone number and I'll call you tonight.

I don't bite. ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: ekartal

Why is there an attempt to discredit Chad for posting and asking some legitimate questions. I’ve read every single word in this thread and don’t see one sign of NACHI bashing, yet everyone is trying to ride em’ out of Dodge. His straightforward approach to debating seems to have pushed the wrong buttons. Chad is well liked in the HI community. That is, everywhere but here…

Erol

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Erol,

The issue is that Chad continues to piss on our house. He is not a NACHI member, yet is allowed (by the very nature of the openness of this BB) to continue to post. His posts are divisive, and challenge the structure of this org at every opportunity. He is owed absolutely nothing by this organization, as he is not one of its members.

He is continually reminded that he is a guest, and should act like one.

That's the rub in all this...

--
Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: Brian A. Goodman

I’ve been mentioned 3 or 4 times now. I have no dog in this hunt. I have no followers other than my 6 year old, whose name is not Chad. I ask to be left out of it, please.