Whats this technique called again?

Where you make the gable truss short, and do this?
I cant remember the term.

Lookouts cantilevered over/past a drop chord truss.

A drop chord truss supporting lookouts, as Mike said.

Thank you Larry and Mike

Checkout this document page #43


Drop chord truss.


I like that method better than notching out of the top chord for a flat 2x. This way is much stronger with the outlooker/outrigger positioned on edge. Makes for a stronger barge board as well.