What's your procedure?

Originally Posted By: Matthew Metzger
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

When inspecting a heater for instance, what what steps do you follow? I am wondering the same for water heaters, A/C’s etc…

Thanks Matt

Originally Posted By: ecrofutt

Hmmm, is this the same Matthew Metzger that’s an ASHI Candidate?

Erby Crofutt

B4U Close Home Inspections

Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

Erby,

I found a Michael Metzger on the ASHI site, not a Matthew. One could "adjust" their name around here though ![nachi_sarcasm.gif](upload://6HQh6KbNiD73gqTNQInjrR2zeJw.gif)

Originally Posted By: Matthew Metzger

Hmmmmm you guys are real detectives, I stated earlier in one of my posts how much I enjoyed this site and said it hardly compared to what I got over at ASHI. Nice work! No Blaine no name adjusting my ashi # is 244449, I encourage you to dig up all you can about me.

Have fun ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)
Matt Metzger

I don’t really care too much Matt, I was just answering Erby.

In answer to your original question, I perform the inspection the way I was trained in school. I have almost exclusively heat pumps and electric furnaces in this area. Guys with gas and oil can weigh in.

I check the furnace for temperature rise, condition, amp draw on the strip heaters, condition of the parts including scorch marks or burns on wires or melted insulation, unusual blower vibration or noise, proper start up sequence, and a bunch of other s#!t that I don't probably even think about after doing so many.

Originally Posted By: dvalley

Quote:
I encourage you to dig up all you can about me.

I just couldn't help myself...I'll give it a shot...
It all took about three minutes.

Matthew Metzger 48 y/o
2611 Koster St
Garden City, KS 67846-3667
(620) 276-8828

Your neighborhood...
![](upload://1oZ9gxslqFkp5vAP4xRiHIQjpZO.jpeg)

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Geeze, are we bored today or what.

I'd rather be???????

on some beach
drinking a fancy umbrella drink
watching naked women walk by
checks coming into the bank that I didn't work for.

--
Erby Crofutt
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

ecrofutt wrote:
Geeze, are we bored today or what.

I'd rather be???????

on some beach
drinking a fancy umbrella drink
watching naked women walk by
checks coming into the bank that I didn't work for.

I would be at the beach, cause it's 78, but it's raining. The only ones on the beach today are the northerners, paste white skin, with flab hanging over their bikinis and Speedos. Not a pleasant thought for Christmas Eve. Checks to me rather than from me are always nice, in any weather.

I think I'll go back and sit by the pool with a cold one.

Merry Christmas, Erby!

Hmm, would this be an appropriate place to tell Blaine

(*&^ %$# !@##*&^. I &^%$ #$& and would like to shove a ^%#@ *^& U& &^$# !@@.

Nah, probably not.

--
Erby Crofutt
Georgetown, Kentucky

www.b4uclose.com

icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted By: dhartke

Blaine

This reply may be a little late but I really don't understand how you tolerate it. The Christmas spirit runs rampant with 20+ inches of snow and 7 degrees outside. It is an extreme winter event for southern Indiana but a memorable Christmas all the same.

dhartke wrote:
Blaine

This reply may be a little late but I really don't understand how you tolerate it. The Christmas spirit runs rampant with 20+ inches of snow and 7 degrees outside. It is an extreme winter event for southern Indiana but a memorable Christmas all the same.

We have as much Christmas spirit here at 70 degrees and sunny as I ever saw up north in 15 degrees and snow, maybe simply because it's easier to get around. We have more lights on houses, more friendly faces in the stores, more luminaries along the streets, more carolers going door to door than I ever saw in either Kansas or Virginia. And we have a whole lotta people on the beach singing Christmas songs! (two years ago it was 90 on Christmas day and the beaches were packed!!)

So, I guess Christmas spirit is a state of mind, not a state of weather. Besides, palm trees look great with lights and Santa looks great in a motor boat! ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Originally Posted By: dhartke

Blaine

My post was partially dry humor and partially ignorance. I must say upon reading your reply I sat here for 5 minutes trying to visualize people singing Christmas songs on a 90 degree beach, can't do it but I'm glad to hear it actually happens. The mind is a terrible thing to freeze.

Thanks for the enlightenment and Happy Holidays.

I like dry humor and yours is good!

Just remember that most of us down here are former northerners who got tired of the snow and cold so we traded it sun and sand. It's only going to be 60 here today, so now we're all freezing (except for the guys I'm watching on the tee box right now with their gore tex on. Geez, it's 55 and windy and they're out playing golf. I'll wait for a warm day!! ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ).

Happy New Year, etc!

BTW, sorry for the thread drift, but we were talking of heat and cool ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Originally Posted By: jmertins

I thought everyone went to the beach on X-mas??? We have a group here 15-20 of us who all have a bon-fire on New years. Temps are normally in the mid to upper 50s. Perfect weather for toasted marshmallows and smores!!! Oh and a couple cold buds!!! icon_biggrin.gif

John Mertins

Baxter Home Inspections, Inc.

"Greatness courts failure"

Roy "Tin Cup" McAvoy

jmertins wrote:
I thought everyone went to the beach on X-mas??? We have a group here 15-20 of us who all have a bon-fire on New years. Temps are normally in the mid to upper 50s. Perfect weather for toasted marshmallows and smores!!! Oh and a couple cold buds!!! ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Absolutely the place to be on New Years Eve! It's going to be in the upper 70's with lows in the upper 50's through then around here....can't wait to see the last sunset of the year over the Gulf!!

Only a couple of cold Buds??????