when is a roof feel too unsafe?

Barry,
I wish they would use heavy gauge metal here. Most of the time it is thin aluminum flashing that is used to cover large holes. Ive even seen a seam run across the hole with roofing tar to keep the two pieces in place until they can “glue” the shingles over it. They really take advantage of little old widows and single women to the degree of being criminal. There are some good roofers but many more are lazy and cut all kinds of corners.

damn, all the inspectors on here, i thought i wouldve received alot more feedback , thanks guys, but i still feel like i dont have enough info on the topic

Adam you got your answers .
What more do you want?

He’s a future home inspector.

At least he is ahead of you.

just was wondering if there was any other kind of gauge inspectors go by when not to get on a roof that they cant see underneth in a crawl or attic like the one i was on the other day… Safty man…

Damn right, Future Inspector MAN MaN Man man!

Common sense Adam, that can’t be taught.
If you do not know , don’t attempt.

gotcha, if anyone has anything else they can help me with please PM me

Adam I don’t think there is a guage. You learn with experience what is too soft and what isn’t. The vague answers aren’t really vague - that’s all we can give you. If I’m on a roof that doesn’t feel comfortable I stop and get down. I’ll finish from the ladder or use one of the methods already stated.
The perfect answer would be a robot that would crawl around the roof for you taking pictures as it went, but sadly there isn’t one of those that an HI can afford yet. I don’t like roofs and the older I get the more I don’t like them.

Ill see if once i get going and established about putting together some things, i have alot of possible good ideas, just need to actually get out there and find out how useful they can be… so yea a robot would be great in quite a few situations, thanks guys

Better than a robot until the winds or one of those Hornybirds comes along

Someone had a RC Hummer they were using for crawls on this MB guess it didn’t work so well after all

thats funny, but honestly i cant see it working well without a camera on a free-movement gyro and the way some crawlspaces work, probably treads instead of wheels… it would be cool to see something like that come out, so what do you do when theres a very small opening to under a deck or under a porch? odviously if you can barely fit or not at all…

The Hum had treads as I recall

Report what I couldn’t do due to the limited space and defer to destructive testing if further information is required by the client.

ive seen a smaller version of that helicopter, they arnt accurate enough, you have to control the tail and accel. and when they crash u have to re align, pain in the ***… if anything something gas powered for the roof

Does your gl insurance cover air collisions or can I claim the loss of a tool when I send it down the chimney.

LoL, I dont know, but honestly it’s gonna be a funny situation either way…