when to quit my job and go all out

Originally Posted By: pmagrone
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I started my business while still working full time 40 hour weeks as a marketing rep for another company. I am doing between 2-5 inspections weekly now for about 5 weeks and I have been wondering. When do I make the move to go part time at my job or to flat out quit and do my business full time. What have all of you done and how did you get there? I am not in the phone book, should I be? I am at a crossroads and seek advice. Any input from the best inspectors in the world? icon_confused.gif icon_confused.gif icon_confused.gif

Originally Posted By: jonofrey

What are you waiting for? Chickensh!t? icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

Inspection Nirvana!

We're NACHI. Get over it.

Originally Posted By: jmertins

could you use the time to spend on marketing, advertising, shaking hands…this is all part of the job when you are in business for yourself…I look at it this way. " I am throwing a party and if i do not send out the invites no one is going to come to my party." make you business the biggest party in Orlando…just don’t throw a party in the Melbourne area, I have my own party going icon_biggrin.gif

Did we sit at the same table at the last meeting in Orlando?

Remeber though... this is also the busiest time of the year, it will slow a little later.

--
John Mertins

Baxter Home Inspections, Inc.

"Greatness courts failure"

Roy "Tin Cup" McAvoy

Originally Posted By: pdacey

Paul,

I know it's hard leaving that guaranteed paycheck. It's scary. I became self-employed in 1995. This is the third business I have started from scratch. It is never easy. On all three occasions I jumped in with both feet. No other means of steady income. I went through some lean times. There is no greater motivation for a small business owner than "hunger" (both literally and figuratively).

Good luck!

--
Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636
www.southwestinspections.com

Originally Posted By: cnordby

icon_biggrin.gif LOL (on John’s comment)

Things to think about…if you are single it is sometimes easier to be brave and just go for it. When I quit my ‘real’ job 30 years ago I remember feeling total freedom walking down those stairs and out the door to self employment. But…I was single without any kids at that point. I am still self employed, but times are different now. Insurance, mortgages, food, gas, kids…well they are all outta hand. But then if you don’t try it…you will never know. Good luck with whatever you decide. I think you will just ‘know’ when the timing is right.

SafeHOME

Seattle, WA.

www.signsbycheryl.freeservers.com