who are these people ?

Hi Nick

Isn’t that similar to Niem Marcus telling its customers to shop at Saks?
What is the benefit of promoting a competitor? Would you give NAHI the same billing or ASHI the same billing?

Just asking because your answer made me ask. :wink: :wink:

Nicked stated…

Well you have a problem with Registered Home Inspector being used in Ontario. PR 158 which is enacted legislation granting the use of RHI to OAHI.

From the act…

(2) Any person in Ontario who, not being a registered member of the Association, takes or uses the designation “Registered Home Inspector”
or “R.H.I.“, alone or in combination with any other word, name, title, initial or description, or implies, suggests or holds out that that
person is a registered home inspector is guilty of an offence.

(3) On conviction of an offence under subsection
(2), a person is liable to a fine of not more than $5,000.

Hi Yuri,

Designations will be irrelevant come licencing. :wink:

Raymond, the answer to your question is YES. If NAHI or ASHI had some offer they wanted us to present to our members, we would do it.

NACHI member’s intrests come first and we believe that NACHI members are best served by making ALL offers known to them… even offers from NAHI or ASHI.

We already have a history of doing this. For instance, we offer free booths to competing associations at all our conventions.

Why are there so many incomplete posts with the same time stamp?

I don’t know, I got kicked on and off or something.

Hiccups?

Fixed.

Oooh sooo much nicer. :smiley:

Anyway, not only will NACHI present inspection-related offers and/or press releases to our members from other associations… the other associations like NAHI or ASHI or CREIA or AII or FABI or Canadian Associations can do it themselves right here on this message board. We have no problem with that.

What a great idea it would be so nice to see CAHPI at out Toronto NACHI convention.
This would be a nice way for CAHPI to get and meet many NACHI members.
I expect there will be a lot of Canadian inspectors there both NACHI members and Non NACHI members .
A great chance for all to meet each other , the sooner we get to communicate with each other the better it will be for the industry.
Roy Cooke… Royshomeinspection.com

Roy, invite them for me. If they need me to call them I will.

Attention Dave Bottoms I see you are visiting us again .
You do such a great job of transferring much information from the NACHI site and telling many all about NACHI that I am sure you will now show that NACHI is for all Inspectors all the Time .

This is part of a letter I sent to Mike Guihan President of CAHPI after a
phone call I had with had to him last Month .

" Hy Mike Great to talk to you .
Just to confirm what I said on the Phone earlier this evening CAHPI
can have one booth 10 by 10 No charge up to $800.00.
If by chance you required more then the cost of course would be added
for the difference .

We also would like to offer all CAHPI members across Canada and their
spouses to attend the NACHI 2007 Conference at the same price as
NACHI members.

Sorry I gave you the wrong dates it is May 17th and 18th 2007
Our web site is not quite finished yet but here is the start of our
2007 convention web site with much information from our 2006
convention.
Most will be the same with a few new vendors and some old ones have
changed a bit .
Great to talk to you again been a few years .
Hope to hear from You .
Your Center Ontario Buddy… Roy Cooke [EMAIL=“Roycooke@sympatico.ca”]Roycooke@[EMAIL=“Roycooke@sympatico.ca”]sympatico.ca "

Pro Lab is opening up a lab in Canada…

www.nachi.org/convention2007
Please note this web site is far from finished and much information will be changed.
We have used part of last years web site just to get started .
.Please stay tuned more information to be posted as it becomes available .
Roy Cooke . Royshomeinspection.com

Boy I can’t believe the messages being posted on the Canuck list by Dave Bottoms making discouraging remarks about NACHI, Nick, et al. Glad to see some members are finally telling him to knock it off. I guess being an Associate for over 8 years can be trying and frustrating!

I think its a great idea to invite OAHI-CAHPI members to the Nachi convention in Toronto. I just hope the DPPC doesn’t publish another questionable directive indicating that attending another association convention is not kosher and will reflect badly on your business.

From the June 2006 Ontario Inspector Newsletter.