Who needs gun control???

In case anyone wants to buy some used military brass.

5.65 mm = .223MUTILATION NOT REQUIRED. **](“http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=2247011&convertTo=USD”)

The apparent logic you speak of comes from the prospective that the military never destroyed spent cases until Obama took office. I could find no reference of brass being destroyed at any other time in history, even during world war two. If any information is available, I would like to see it

So would I.

I’ll gladly rail against Obama if he has done this.
But that is far from demonstrated.

Do you have any evidence that Obama had anything to do with it?

It appears to have been one big misunderstanding between Georgia Arms and it’s brass supplier not the government.

The brass supplier was/is the military

http://worldnetdaily.com/index.php?f…w&pageId=92095

No it wasn’t. It was an intermediary.

Responding to two Democratic senators representing outraged private gun owners, the Department of Defense announced last night it has scrapped a new policy that would deplete the supply of ammunition by requiring destruction of fired military cartridge brass.

I know that but that is not were the confusion started.

It’s beside the point any way.

You have failed to demonstrate that Obama had anything to do with it

WND is far to unreliable to be trusted implicitly by itself.

There are numerous other sources with the same information. It seems this is more of a case where you stuck your foot in your mouth and now it hurts too much to pull it back out. I’m done here

No foot in my mouth and you still haven’t shown where Obama has anything to do with this.

via~ Georgia Arms

A hardy congratulation is due to our loyal customers, our good friends, and our fellow shooting enthusiasts through out this great nation! Due to the diligent and overwhelming effort of many thousands of you, calling, writing, and emailing our elected officials, DOD Surplus, LLC, has rescinded its prior directive that ALL small arms spent casings be mutilated rather than recycled. This was a huge victory for common sense and we would like to thank each and every person who made an effort and played a role in correcting this mistake. We at Georgia Arms are proud of everyone who took the time and had the courage to stand up for our rights. We believe, that by your outpouring of anger and dismay, you not only extended our liberty and freedoms but also took a stand for economic common sense in a time when we know our government should be trying to reduce costs at all levels rather than throwing money away for some politically correct reason or the other. Again, our hat is off to everyone who helped and thanks to God as well. We will roll up our sleeves and go back to work; we have 223’s and 308’s to build! (Below is a copy of the email we received from DOD on 3/17/09 @ 4:30pm)

(This was pertaining to an outstanding bid on a lot of brass that we won prior to the mutilation order. DOD sent us a bill for the brass after we had refused it due to the mutilation requirements. DOD on Monday sent us a bill for the brass and when we responded that we had already refused it due to the mutilation clause, we received this reply via email.)

I am sorry you hadn’t been informed –

Word came down that all shells 50 caliber or smaller CAN still be purchased without the mutilation requirement as long as kept in the US.

(As it was in limbo, I did not sent your EUC to Battle Creek until today, also why I have not contacted you for payment until today.)

Thanks!

Arana K. Wolin
Document Verification Supervisor
Government Liquidation, LLC
DOD Surplus, LLC
15051 N Kierland Blvd. #300
Scottsdale, AZ 85254

Source- http://www.georgia-arms.com/

Thanks for proving my point

One small problem Michael.

DOD Surplus LLC is not a governmet agency or the military, they are a liquidator of surplus goods.

Now go do your own research and prove me wrong if that’s important to you.

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/imgad?id=CJaL8OStp8rH2QEQfRjIATIIxQxp0ro2_AQ
This is from WND. This is why we have a shortage of Ammo. It’s scare tactics like this that send people in a frenzy, just like Y2K. Besides if the government wants your guns and ammo their gonna take them and I doubt we’ll ever see a civil uprising in our lifetime, it would cost to much.

By the way, what in the hell is a crisis garden, that’s a new one on me. Last I new it took months to grow a garden and if there’s a huge national crisis the last thing I’m going to do is plant tomato’s!!!

Who’s the one scaring the gun loving masses? The only fear-mongering I have seen in this whole ammunition debacle has been on the radical right side. First, they tried to convince the masses that Obama would be the most anti-Second Amendment president in US history (funny, ever single DNC presidential candidate gets that branding :roll: ) and now they rush this Obama administration / DNC ammunition supply destruction conspiracy theory before all the facts are in place.

Yeah you right, all civil uprisings have an operating budget…what a silly thought some have! :roll: All of those people who lived through the Great Depression, were lying about there being no food to eat and people starving… especially the tall tales about people fighting over road kill, and skinning Cats to sell as Rabbits! :mad: So what if we feed most of the world’s population, our Farmers don’t need to buy Seed or Fertilizers, Pesticides or Fuel and everybody knows Farm Equipment never breaks down! :roll: Silly Fear Mongerers! :roll:What will it matter if the food processors go out of business, we’ve got enough to last for decades, right? Besides we can always hunt and fish! Who needs guns and ammo, we can throw spears and shoot arrows, just like in the old days! What difference does it make if there are over twice as many mouths to feed now, it is really foolish to worry about such things! Drouts, floods and cold snaps never happen these days either! So what if Anak Krakato, son of Krakatoa is growing again and getting ready to erupt? It was in the late 1800’s when Krakatoa erupted and caused Winter in Summer…things like that only happen in history books! Stupid fear mongerers…nothings will change, I will always have inspections and can always take my family to McDonalds for supper. Grow my own food? Ha…what a joke!!! :roll:

Of course you’re right again…if there was really a problem, the gun hating left would raise the flag. Boy!..we sure are lucky to have your wisdom Nick, thank you so much! Sincerely, Kenny

What is that word in your sentence, justification to call me names and insurance to make sure you are never found to be incorrect?

It’s called an opinion Kenn.

Kenn, are you claiming to be a prophet?

And I’m sorry to have to inform you that it was already a non story when Peter posted the article on the 30th so no it wasn’t true when you said it. Please pay attention to dates.

And thanks for caching my spelling error. That’s what’s important right?
Don’t bother mentioning your very large error.
What’s that verse about a speck in the eye and logs?

Of course I meant wear instead of where. oops!

There you have it folks, Kenneth thinks he’s a prophet. :shock: