Who owns NAHI

Originally Posted By: Jake Curious
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I heard US Inspect owns NAHI. Is this a figure of speech in that they have majority in terms of voting members? do they really “own” them? Is NAHI non profit? icon_question.gif

Originally Posted By: Guest

Jake,

Yer stirring things up, but no, US Inspect doesn't own NAHI and as of a month ago didn't even have one of their members/employees on the NAHI board. US inspect represents just under 5% of NAHI's membership... how much clout coukld they have in an organization that is member run by electing representives to the management. That's right, members vote for the people that direct the org.

Originally Posted By: dbush

Jake, I suggest that you contact NAHI for answers to these questions. We have a few members who are also members of NAHI, however, only those members would have first hand knowledge.

I know what I have heard, but from a leadership standpoint in NACHI, I recommend that we not answer the questions based on hearsay.

Dave

--
Dave Bush
MAB Member

"LIFE'S TOUGH, WEAR A HELMET"

Originally Posted By: dbowers

and Carson & Dunlap OWN & CONTROL ASHI simply because about 4 or 5 of ITA’s instructors have been National ASHI Presidents over the past 7-8 years; OR because when you go to ASHI’s web site, ITA & C&D are the ONLY ASHI Endorsed Training Providers for Home Inspection in the Nation.

Originally Posted By: Scotty Lee

Dan it sounds like you have some sour grapes with ASHI. Could it be that your school was not approved as a provider? As for the past ASHI presidents coming from Carson Dunlop and ITA. Both of those organizations are leaders in the home inspection profession and this comes from the quality of individuals that they have working in each organization. It is only natural that ASHI would attract the best in the profession and elect them as their leaders.

When will NACHI hold an election to select a President and Board of Directors?

Aloha

The temperature in hell is still quite hot and a long way from freezing.

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

Deleted… icon_biggrin.gif

Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: jremas

Your right Joe B, it does not matter to a non member and they are stirring the pot because they can. Some folks wanted an open message board and now you must deal with this issues that come with it. When they say be careful what you wish for, it has meaning.

Nick needs free open messageboards to gain membership and grow. Without it the growth would be less than what it is. That is the bottom line, it increases membership but the downside is the fact that anyone can post and "stir the pot" and it takes away from the professionalism of the organization.

You wanted it, you got it.

--

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

Originally Posted By: dbowers

for On-Site Training nobody in ASHI that had any history or knowledge thought it would be anybody but ITA.

As I'm sure you know part of the requirement was to provide ASHI a list of all your students within I believe 30 days after a class AND they indicated there would be a SMALL TRIBUTE per head for the PRIVALEGE of being known as "The ONLY ASHI ENDORSED
On-Site Training Program".

You also probably remember back to when C&D used to sell their Home Inspection Correspondence Course for about $1,595 - $1,695. Then it became the OFFICIAL HI Correspondence Course for ASHI and the price went up to about $2,495 (+/-). Do you think any of the extra money went to ASHI?? I think it did, but I was on the ASHI BOD then so I probably don't have a good memory for those type of details. What do you think?

Its not sour grapes - its repugnance. I think if I was in the Union and we tried to convince the Fed's that it was a FLUKE that 4-5 Presidents of the Union in the past 6-7 years came from the SAME trucking company - I bet they'd think we were blowing smoke up their A$$.

Have a nice A$HI day!!

Originally Posted By: jremas

I spoke to Mallory Anderson Today.( I will be joining a 3rd organization)

As of 3-4 months ago after purging out inactive, loose ends and counting membership , the totals were about 1,750.

As of current, membership has exceeded 2,100. NAHI is growing and has been on an upward trend since its inception in 1987 REGARDLESS OF NICK GROMICKO'S CLAIMS that NAHI has been spiraling downward.

I am looking forward to my future membership with NAHI, a professional organization.

--

Jeff Remas
REMAS Inspections, Inc.
Northeastern PA & the Poconos
www.NEPAinspector.com

570-362-1598

I also researched this topic a few months ago. Based on information discovered and recieved, Jeff’s assessment is correct.

In response to comments made by Nick Gromicko and Joe Farsetta in another thread; take the time to read this

Gromicko said:"NAHI (to their credit) told USInspect to go jump in a lake... until USInspect bought them. Then they instantly, without even telling their members, lowered their Code of Ethics to accommodate USInspect (a for-profit company who competes against NAHI members).

Ask Mallory to post one of her canceled paychex and ask her to publicly deny that they changed their Code of Ethics to accommodate USInspect."

Truth: NAHI is a 501C6 non profit corporation that is essentially owned by it's members. NAHI has a board of directors made up of 9 people that are elected to the board in general elections (there's a unique concept..let the members vote)held once a year to serve a two year term. Each of NAHI's members can vote. There is a 50% turnover(or possibility of ) every year for the board members. The board is comprised of at present (2) AHIT trainers, (1) ITA trainer (1) WINI member and the remainder are independents. There are NO US Inspect members at present on the board.

Mallory Anderson's paycheck comes from Herrington Company. Herrington Company is a management corporation that NAHI hired to run the business aspect of the association. Herrington is answerable to NAHI's board, and follows their directives. NAHI is Herrington's client and it's in Herrington's best interest to follow NAHI's directives or that relationship could be jeopardized.

"Gromicko:"NAHI? Dudes, where have you been? They're over. Stick a fork in 'em. They are down to 800 some members and dropping, a 20% renewal rate!, sold out to USInspect, recently LOWERED their SOP, have a website that hasn't changed in 4 years, have no membership benefits, and recently had a regional convention with 28 inspectors in attendance. Turn out the lights someone."

Truth: NAHI has very close to 2,000 members and experienced excellent growth this year. They are opening two to three chapters this month and have members in fifty states. They currently have 22 chapters. Their membership is at record levels as of today.

Farsetta said" As the story goes, they then purchased the business of the Treasurer at ASHI. To ASHIs great credit, the BOD promptly asked the treasurer to resign.

Without an "in" at ASHI, US Inspect trained its eye on the last HI association of any size ot notariety; NAHI.

It is our understanding that US Inspect purchased the HI businesses of several NAHI BOD members. If this is true, and those gents are still on the NAHI BOD, US Inspect has, in effect, purchased the drivers seat at NAHI.

Truth: There are NO US Inspect members on the NAHI Board at present.
The first thing done after this, was to lower their COE. Interesting...

US Inspect has just under two hundred field employees. Only about a half of those employees joined NAHI. Many of those that did join hold the CRI status. Around 25 employees are still ASHI. US Inspect operates in roughly 30 markets and gain market share by finding successful inspection companies and then buying them out. They frequently retain the owner of the company as a well paid employee with excellent benefits to continue operating the branch.

I'd like you folks to also consider that less than a hundred US Inspect employees joined NAHI. Membership for US Inspect employees in NAHI is not mandatory.
US Inspect accounts for less than 5% of NAHI's numbers and that's not enough for NAHI to modify a damn thing on US Inspect's behalf.

In conclusion: NONE of the statements made by Gromicko in this regard are true, neither was the statement that he made saying Noel Zak gave him the answers to the NHIE.

For any of you that care to check, all the information was readily accessible . I urge each of you to research your own questions. If you have no questions, you should have. EVERY other organization or association that's listed as non-profit was very forthcoming with information on where their money comes from, how it's spent, who decides to spend it and how they're governed.