Why are Florida Home Inspectors cutting their rates?

In a competitive market, with plenty of work to go around, we shouldn’t be lowering our prices. Big mistake, this is only hurting the industry. I received a call for a commercial property inspection, instead of just turning down the job, I referred a competitor who I had met a few years ago. That should be the trend that we should strive for not lowering our fees to ridiculous prices just to get the work. Ask yourself this, when was the last time a real estate agent cut their commission, yet they expect us to lower our prices, doesn’t make sense. We should all stick together.
Chris Franco
Bears Home Inspection, LLC.

5 Likes

This should be in the members only section. There I could tell you exactly how I feel about this subject.

1 Like

There are 150 inspectors and 30 potential clients. :flushed:

4 Likes

Agreed. Why would a realtor care what our prices are, I don’t care about their commission split.

Agents want to appear that they are getting “their” client a deal.

2 Likes

You have a influx of new inspectors who want work and many people who lost jobs due to Covid are turning to home inspection to earn money. Look how many home inspection companies you have in your state. You say stick together but the market will only support so many home inspection companies.

2 Likes

My friend you are wrong. I met a home inspection company in my area that has Nine Two man teams each doing 15 inspections per week with overtime. This includes home inspection and insurance inspections. They DO NOT lower their pricing. Sorry to tell you that you don’t know what you’re talking about. The little guy, the common home inspector the guy who lost his job due to covid as you say is the problem. This is a nonsense narrative. Every state has plenty of home inspectors, Florida is inundated with work plenty to go around. The fool who lowers his price looking for crumbs is only hurting himself. Never lower your price!

1 Like

I went ahead and posted the original comment in members only!

I concur. It’s not a race to the bottom.

Charge more, do more, it pays off.
You are not typical. Many Defects cost thousands to repair.

InterNACHI wants everyone to be a home inspector :smiley: Do the math!

5 Likes

I remember giving a realtor a price and she responded “wow, that is high”. So I asked “what price did you expect?” She responded with a price that was $25 dollars lower than my quote. Good thing our conversation was over the phone so she could not see my “eye-roll”.

1 Like

Feed the realtors they all want food and candy (so stupid) and keep those prices steady. Even the insurance agents do this “under cutting” the price. I did a wind mitigation for $175.00, my client who is now saving $2300.00 for the 1st year. Thats potentially $11,500.00 savings off his policy over 5 years. To me this makes no sense when an inspector low balls ancillary inspections.

1 Like