Why does IQ accept ads but not at nachi? Hypocritical?.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

? http://www.nachi.org/iq.htm And doesn’t this shift in position about not accepting outside money make us as bad (at least on this issue) as other associations that cut side deals, accept corporate sponsorships, and seek paid advertisers?

Answer: There is no change in position. None of the ads in any issue of Inspector's Quarterly were paid ads. Not one. NACHI believes that our industry vendors have information and news that is of value to our members. Most often, these vendors offer NACHI members (not NACHI the association) some deal or discount. We believe that as an association, we should not only publicize these deals, but actually try to procure them for our members. Hence http://www.nachi.org/deals.htm However, we draw the line (and it is a BIG THICK LINE) when it comes to NACHI (the association) accepting outside money for anything... even ads. NACHI runs a clean ship and protecting our integrity and freedom (something typically diluted with outside money) is paramount to us.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: tallen

I think, accepting paid adds in the paper would be a good thing, as long as they are inspection related ie: Software, tools, web sites that offer a discount to NACHI etc…

I have put the past behind me,

where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005

Originally Posted By: eporter

nachi_sarcasm.gif

------------------------------------------------

“Inspecting this home like I’m buying it myself.”

Ed Porter
Cornerstone Home Inspection Services, Inc.
Grand Haven, MI

Originally Posted By: tallen

icon_wink.gif

I have put the past behind me,

where , however, it now sits, making rude remarks.

www.whiteglovehomeinspections.net

30 Oct 2003-- 29 Nov2005