Why report it when it is quicker to just fix it?

I was doing an inspection on a community center which has not had any maintenance done in a while (I’m going to change that) and thought it was a good opportunity to make a video of how easy it is to clean your gutters. This is a good one.

13 Likes

Haha, awesome! :wink:

2 Likes

Very satisfying to watch.

2 Likes

God on ya, Bert! :grinning:

2 Likes

You are making some awesome videos, keep it up Bert. :+1: :smile:

2 Likes

And then it flooded the basement

7 Likes

I am sure Bert recommended a downspout extension. :smile: He is good at his job

4 Likes

Another great video Bert!

2 Likes

Wow!!..nice demo !!

1 Like

Six people just fell off the roof after watching your video.

1 Like

Awesome! Captivating title and great video.

Dang… where are all the snarky responses, telling Bert why you should never fix anything “because…”

I’m a little disappointed… had my popcorn ready and everything.

4 Likes

If your repair caused water to get in the basement, you’re responsible lol I do have a maintenance background, so if I see little stuff I try and fix it. Just being courteous.

1 Like

John Ezell, I could not resist. Those big 8" gutters were full to the top and I just couldn’t wait to pull the plug and watch what happened next. LOL.

But don’t worry, no harm was caused in making this stunt video.

1. There was no basement on this part of the building.
  2. If there were a basement, and it got wet from water poured on the outside, it would be getting wet if the gutters were functioning properly so it would be wet anyway ( a defect) that would now be apparent.
  3. I recommended that all gutter downspouts be extended and I’m actually the one who will be doing this next week. I’m doing buried downspouts 10 ft out. with NDS pop-up valves
  4. This job was for charity. 25,000 sqft community center for disadvantaged kids in the heart of downtown. I and my assistants donated our time to identify the overdue maintenance and repairs needed on their facilities, and the repairs called out on my report will be fixed by my crew and the many other volunteers from our church and the community.

If you are interested I’ll post pictures of some repairs we do.

https://www.wesleyhouseknox.org/

15 Likes

I love reading things like that, good for you and everyone else involved!

1 Like

Nice, Bert! :+1: :slight_smile:

1 Like

John, you weren’t by chance in the air force, were you? Knew a CMSgt with your name.

Nope it wasn’t me!