Why The Early Slow Down?

Are you running your business out of California?

Many realtors want that way of thinking. We’re a little more laid back up here, for the most part.:slight_smile:

I was referring to the buyers.

Same answer…:slight_smile:

That is exactly why we always need to push.
As for myself being a sole proprietor it hurts during busy seasons to give jobs away for that very reason.

Still can not imagine how the system in other areas allows or has sellers willing to wait sooo long.

Most people are “lets get it over with” and now.

Only time it is lackadaisical is the occasional short sale or private sale off the market.[at least around here.]
Pretty much my real full time started around 2009.

This is the first year my reporting methods may have stunted my growth by the way.
The photo reporting takes lots of time.
[thats another thread]

Yes, most I’ve been schedule out in advance for home inspections is 7-10 days. There are a few circumstances such as new construction inspections scheduled 2-3 weeks in advance. Most contingency periods for due diligence is 5-10 days, 14 if one is very fortunate. Nobody wants their home tied up for longer than that.

Those that claim 2-3 week booked out for residential I call BS, sorry to pee in your cornflakes :slight_smile: Or your region is way different than mine.

Commercial I will schedule 2-3 weeks out. Matter of fact I have minimum 5 day advance schedule for obvious reasons.

Doing this for 12 years now. Weird how its hot and cold. As I told all the newer inspectors who’ve got in on the height of the wave, wait until we have an significant dip. Go as hard as you can and sock away that $$$$$$.

There was a small dip late Aug - Sept so far for residential. Commercial slowed down in July - Aug but picked up for Sept. Would rather do commercial anyways.

Still steady here, I have regular Realtors who are writing 12-14 days in the contract because they know I’m booked 5-7 days or more most of the time, this also allows for enough time to get lab results back, but 90% of my inspections include septic, well, water quality, radon ETC. Bigger inspections require more time.

The average/normal here is 7 to 10 day’s although there are exceptions.

He’s been living in a fantasy world the last year or so.
Couldn’t hack it as an architect.
Must bethe hydro.