Why? Why do they call?

Did I mention the frequency grease?

In my military days, we;d send guys looking for a roll of flight line, and “giant zero’s”.

Flight line is obvious, for Airmen, A Giant Zero is a signal by an aircrew for missile launch from the sky it looks like a giant zero.

Will -

Last summer I did inspection on PoS and had tons of electrical nighmares. Here is the branch circuit write-up…

[size=3]During the examination of the electrical branch circuit we noted deficiencies, such as the following conditions:

Ungrounded 3-prong electrical outlets at all floors and over 50% of rooms ; outlets with reversed polarity in the kitchen, garage; laundry and master bath; live wires exposed on wall or ceiling surfaces in the family room, garage and basement (wires are to be inside walls, ceilings or conduit); open electrical junction boxes with exposed wiring in the basement and attic (cover plates missing); exposed electrical splices noted in the garage, at rear patio fountain and attic (electrical splices are to be in a covered junction box or fixture, etc); extension cords used for permanent wiring in the garage, attic and basement; lights we could not get to operate throughout (check the bulbs to start with); GFCI(s) that were defective OR not tripping and resetting properly (all exterior ones, at the garage and half bath); smoke detector(s) loose OR not working at 2nd floor and basement. This is a sample of the branch wiring defects noted at the property.

[/size]We recommend having a licensed and competent electrician read ALL electrical comments anywhere in the report; review the electrical system conditions present; then service, modify or repair any defects or unreliable conditions as necessary to properly and safely correct them.

The REA called me repeatedly because the seller was REAL handy and was quite willing to fix everything … BUT he needed me to tell him what do do and how to do it. When I wouldn’t he refused to do or negotiate anything and deal flipped … My buyer was actually mad because i wouldn’t tell the seller how to rewire the defects … Amazing AND they want us licensed.

Just got a call, about an hour ago, from a “contractor” who is working for the seller. after talking to him for awhile, he told me that he was “moon-lighting” from his regular job, working for an actual contractor. He told me of all the experience he had installing windows. Then he proceeded to ask me what I felt needed done. I told him “Remove all the house’s vinyl siding, remove the windows, re-install them according to the manufactuer’s instructions and re-install the siding.” He asked me how I would do that. I told him “I wouldn’t do that. I am an inspector. I don’t actually do the work, I just inspect the work.” I them mentioned that all these instructions are freely available, on-line.

He told me that he doesn’t know how to access the internet (but, he is an “expert” in installing windows, yet he had to ask me for the instructions).

You just can’t cure stupid.

priceless!! will and dan.

I find it amazing how much time and money some people will invest just so they can do it wrong.

Its also amazing the amount of service they’ll short themselves to save $5. I guess its the same thing…

I used to work for a cabinet company where the owners didn’t know how to read a tape measure. They would try to measure up the homes but the cabinets never seemed to fit. On a couple of occasions I would be asked to build a shelf that was “36 inches and 3 lines long” or other creative ways of measuring. The company no longer exists.

Like the mechanic telling the customer they need a muffler bearing.

Don’t forget the shore line or the left handed smoke shifter.

Why do they call, it’s not more important. Last week my friend made a call and say to me. Please come to house then i reached at him house and ask him why did call.