Will MA approve NACHI's application to provide continuing ed

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

After reading that Nick would cover my expenses and Dave would take me to dinner, I offered to go to the MA Board of HI Regulations meeting this morning with David Valley, but he never answered my email. I was disappointed too, because I have so many thoughts on the subject that I would have liked to share with my friends on the board.

So, how'd it go?

Jim Morrison
Princeton, MA

Originally Posted By: Guest

Never mind. The answer has already posted in the Members Mostly section: http://www.nachi.org/bbsystem/viewtopic.php?p=153849#153849

I just knew I should have gone with you Dave.

Jim Morrison
Princeton, MA

Originally Posted By: jbushart

Quote:
Mr. Skerry,

Please reference

Case Name: James Morrison
Docket No: SA-HI-06-001
Investigator: Colleen Cotter

Yesterday, as a member of the National Association of Certified Home Inspectors was meeting with the MA licensing board to discuss a means for our inspectors to receive credit for their training through our association, the licensee referenced in the above complaint posted taunts on our message board indicating his desire to influence the licensing board against us.

Later, that evening, after we had learned that the licensing board had required things from us that have not been required of others asking for the same consideration - Mr. Morrison emailed the following message to me:

To: jbushart
Posted: Wed, Aug 10th, 7:24 PM
Subject: Ha Ha Ha
Someone is paying attention. Things sure seem to be going my way.

At the very least, I felt that this information should be considered by your investigator who is currently reviewing Mr. Morrison's actions as it relates to his behavior toward other professionals as required by his license.

Meanwhile, others in NACHI are considering taking this issue up with the Governor and Attorney General of your state to see if there are any unfair measures being applied against us by those on the licensing board.

If you have any additional questions, please contact me.

Jim

JAMES H. BUSHART
Home Inspector, Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com
314-803-2167

Member, Legislative Committee, National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI)
www.nachi.org

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Jim Morrison wrote:
After reading that Nick would cover my expenses and Dave would take me to dinner, I offered to go to the MA Board of HI Regulations meeting this morning with David Valley, but he never answered my email. I was disappointed too, because I have so many thoughts on the subject that I would have liked to share with my friends on the board.

So, how'd it go?

Jim Morrison
Princeton, MA

For the record (in case accidentally erased or edited)

--

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: dharris

This is a test, The last few messages I posted, dissapeared. Just checking if it’s my computer or a malfunction of the NACHI bb.

Jim,

Be a good lad and post the Commonwealth?s responses to your complaints against me too, would you?

Please also note that Mr. Zane Skerry and Ms. Colleen Cotter are both extraordinarily well respected, hard-working, public servants upon whose diligence we all rely to protect us from, among others, rogue home inspectors. May I suggest that you simply take a few minutes, compile all of your complaints against me, and file them simultaneously. It would make it easier for them to adjudicate, I?m sure.

If it helps you out, I have compiled a list of additional offenses which I am also guilty of and you can add to your complaint. I shall not deny that I am:

A serial fornicator,
A mediocre dancer,
An awful singer,
An excellent tipper,
A good son,
A wonderful neighbor,
A selfish lover,
A slow driver,
A whitewater paddler,
A hard worker,
A decent writer,
A voracious reader,
A single father,
A trail runner,
A loyal friend,
A non-smoker,
A beer-drinker,
A home-brewer,
A lapsed Catholic,
A spectacular guitar player,
A 5.8 rock climber,
A plastic paddy,
A NACHI critic,
A high-priced home inspector,
A disastrous cyclist,
A blues aficionado,

And I covet the wives and goods of many of my neighbors.

Jim Morrison
Princeton, MA

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

That one got up, Dan. Must be your computer.

icon_surprised.gif icon_surprised.gif Darn computers, I always believed Jerry Reeds song stating that computers don’t lie, guess now I now different. I’m glad I just bought another one.

Glad I use 3D for my reports at least I can be sure the computer doesn't screw up as I can set SOP items as to be required filled in or the report won't print.

Jim Morrison wrote:
Jim,

Be a good lad and post the Commonwealth?s responses to your complaints against me too, would you?

Please also note that Mr. Zane Skerry and Ms. Colleen Cotter are both extraordinarily well respected, hard-working, public servants upon whose diligence we all rely to protect us from, among others, rogue home inspectors. May I suggest that you simply take a few minutes, compile all of your complaints against me, and file them simultaneously. It would make it easier for them to adjudicate, I?m sure.

If it helps you out, I have compiled a list of additional offenses which I am also guilty of and you can add to your complaint. I shall not deny that I am:

A serial fornicator,
A mediocre dancer,
An awful singer,
An excellent tipper,
A good son,
A wonderful neighbor,
A selfish lover,
A slow driver,
A whitewater paddler,
A hard worker,
A decent writer,
A voracious reader,
A single father,
A trail runner,
A loyal friend,
A non-smoker,
A beer-drinker,
A home-brewer,
A lapsed Catholic,
A spectacular guitar player,
A 5.8 rock climber,
A plastic paddy,
A NACHI critic,
A high-priced home inspector,
A disastrous cyclist,
A blues aficionado,

And I covet the wives and goods of many of my neighbors.

Jim Morrison
Princeton, MA

Originally Posted By: eporter

Jim Bushart, with all due respect, don’t you have ANYTHING better to do with your time??? The fine commonwealth of MA is at least a thousand miles away from MO. Can’t you spend your time improving the status of home inspections (and inspectors) in your own neighborhood?

Signed, Sleepless in West Michigan

--
------------------------------------------------
"Inspecting this home like I'm buying it myself."

Ed Porter
Cornerstone Home Inspection Services, Inc.
Grand Haven, MI

Originally Posted By: eporter

dharris wrote:
This is a test, The last few messages I posted, dissapeared. Just checking if it's my computer or a malfunction of the NACHI bb.

You have that problem, too? Dang. I thought it was just me.

--
------------------------------------------------
"Inspecting this home like I'm buying it myself."

Ed Porter
Cornerstone Home Inspection Services, Inc.
Grand Haven, MI

Originally Posted By: bjones1

Mr Morrison…

Thankyou very much. You have given me a much needed laugh today. Keep on keepin’ on

Brian Jones

One Man

One Voice

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

eporter wrote:

Can't you spend your time improving the status of home inspections (and inspectors) in your own neighborhood?

Missouri
Legislative Summary

No licensing requirements at this time.

--
Joseph Hagarty

HouseMaster / Main Line, PA
joseph.hagarty@housemaster.com
www.householdinspector.com

Phone: 610-399-9864
Fax : 610-399-9865

HouseMaster. Home inspections. Done right.

Bushart wrote:

"I have received nothing back form the board regarding their investigation into my initial complaint. As I posted on your blog, I don't expect much but it is a step that must be taken so that the rest of the activity (which you will be learning of very soon) can come off smoothly.

When there are nonjudicial steps that have been overlooked, courts tend to refer people to them prior to litigation. This is just a square we have to fill. It will be more clear, shortly.

JAMES H. BUSHART
Home Inspector, Home Inspection Services of Missouri
314-803-2167

Member, Legislative Committee, National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI)
www.nachi.org

President, Mid-Missouri Chapter of the
National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI)
www.monachi.org"

No. You haven't heard back because the only person on the face of this earth who has yet to realize your insignificance is you. I'm sure by now the Commonwealth has figured it out.

Jim Morrison,
(aka Mr. Bad Example)

eporter wrote:
Jim Bushart, with all due respect, don't you have ANYTHING better to do with your time??? The fine commonwealth of MA is at least a thousand miles away from MO. Can't you spend your time improving the status of home inspections (and inspectors) in your own neighborhood?

Signed, Sleepless in West Michigan

Dear Sleepless in West Michigan,

I will try to answer your question today but as the facts unfold in the days and weeks to come, it will become more clear to you as to what was done and why.

First, let me tell you that NACHI is increasing in recognition and acceptance in my area, almost exponentially. When someone from Massachusetts commits himself to the cause of tortiously interfering with my business and the association I do my business with, I have the right to act.

Secondly, as Mr. Morrison seems to indicate in his references to his close relationships with members of the Massachusetts Licensing Board, it may appear to be a wasted effort to expect them to act against his license. He may be correct in his assessment of their bias, I do not know. I won't know until they have responded to the complaints that have been filed with them.

What I do know is that certain judges will review civil suits to see if there are nonjudicial steps that are prescribed and not taken so as to refer them back to that step for possible resolution to lighten their case load. The steps that have been taken can be presented to a court to show that nonjudicial resolution was sought but, as Mr. Morrison seems to indicate, bias may preclude justice. The civil matters that will be coming forth would then not be referred since that attempt has already been made.

The more Mr. Morrison speaks, the bigger the hole he has dug for himself becomes. The first rule about holes, Ed, is that when you find yourself in one - stop digging.

--

www.monachi.org

Originally Posted By: dbowers

That sort of thing is disgusting, desultory and brings shame down on all of the self-righteous, pious, and cheap home inspectors in his state. I'll bet that he's Irish on top of all that.

Quote:
The first rule about holes, Ed, is that when you find yourself in one - stop digging.
[/quote]

![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) And that advice was from FROM bushart to Jimmy? ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)