Wind Mit form

I have them - on my desk somewhere - I’ll post them when I find them.
They are pretty cut and dry.
Architect, Engineer, Building Inspector, Active RC / GC Contractor - all must have Wind Mit CEU’s by an approved school (such as Contractor Exam School) has to sign off on the form.
Any non-licensed employee of those qualified Contractors must has My Safe Florida Certification to do the inspection.

I just found this. I guess it is too large :frowning:

What approved courses are there? There is nothing in this legislation or any other that I am aware of that is approved.

For whatever it is worth, I just checked the OIR website and Citizens’ website and both of them show the old form for Wind inspections.

I plan on using the old forms until Citizens changes it online. I will have the customers specify the form they need as told to them by the agencies so I cannot be accused of using the wrong form. Does anyone know if there is any chance that sorry form will not go into effect?

Something to ponder:

For those that are pondering…

**From the new (02/10) form:

****Individuals signing this form must have their license or certificate in an “Active” status at time of the inspection. **

I, __________________________ am a qualified inspector and I personally performed the inspection

From the MSFH web-site

**Certification of Inspectors
Due to the expiration of the My Safe Florida Home program on June 30, 2009, we are no longer certifying wind inspectors. A list of inactive inspectors associated with the program has been provided to allow insurance companies to verify that the Uniform Mitigation Verification Inspection Forms (Form 1802) submitted by homeowners participating in the program were completed by qualified, certified inspectors. Click here](http://www.mysafefloridahome.com/images/Inspector%20Lists/Inactive%20Inspectors%20063009.pdf)for a complete list of inspectors associated with the My Safe Florida Home program.

It would seem to me that none of the WCE folks, unless they are contractors, engineers…whatever, are authorized to perform these inspections!!!

Zoe,

I don’t see anything that says that the non-contractor employees have to have any training at all. Can you point out where this is mentioned?

Thanks!

The page at the OIR now links to the new Wind Mit form. Click on the link near the bottom of the page. http://www.floir.com/Hurricanes/HurricaneLossMitigation.aspx

Could someone please tell me who I could call or where I could view the information that a contractor has to have an additional wind mitigation course to complete inspections???

It seems in regards to Wind mitigation questions everyone has there own opinion. I want to continue to complete inspections but need to know for a fact that you have to take an additional course???

I called FLOIR and they said that all you have to be is a licensed contractor, they knew nothing about additional courses???

Thanks.

You’ll have to take an additional course (which is why we developed one) if you want to be approved by the insurance industry.

I took the class when you first offered it and did not get a certificate or anything. What the state needs is a phone # or website or email address where we can ask specific questions and get specific answers. I spoke to the people at the OIR yesterday and they told me it was up to each insurance agency on what they would accept. Not one agency I have contacted yet has decided to use the new form as of now. Please let me know when we can get a certificate or something saying we took the course. I also think there are a bunch of unneeded stuff in most of the coursed I have seen offered. They all seem to be a rehashed version of the Sorry A-S MSFH course and right out of their manual.:mrgreen:

From what I understand the new wind mit forms (4 pager) is effective on 04/21/2010 https://www.flrules.org/gateway/RuleNo.asp?id=69O-170.0155
Does anyone know anything differently? I’ve only had one agent ask us to use it.

BTW: PLEASE lets all try and up our rates with this new form! Tell your agents that the costs have had to increase due to the additional work involved. The new form re requires more time to inspect and process each form- (4 pages with photos). They don’t have to know most of us were doing that already. If we all stay try and stay at $125 +/inspection we have strength in numbers. The problem is that as soon as one guy drops it to $99 it then drops to $90, $80, $75, etc… This is our chance to help us get the price back up to where it should be…or close to it. Hopefully if your agents are loyal they’ll understand and be okay with it.

You have lowlife lowballers that are giving those things away. Good luck!!

With the headaches that form is going to cause the inspectors, no inpsection should be below $200.00.

Bad news down in South Florida. I have a close friend at State Farm and asked her to let me know what others were doing with their prices. She told me the other people they use are not changing their prices at all and their price is $100.
It sucks but it is true.

Mr. Meeker,
Why do you be a trendsetter and leader move your prices to $200. tell them you are twice as good as the rest.

I hooked up with a contractor because I am getting killed by this stupidcrap. If I don,t offer the wind mit I don’t get the job. The State has really screwed home inspectors with this one, the contractors are giving them away with a complete home inspection and the clients need them to get a reduction in insurance rates. So if you can’t do them you lose work, meanwhile we could be doing them if DBPR had a certification program up and running for 7/1/10 as mandated by the legislature, but that got pushed back another year. Still, no one has ever been instructed and there remains no written text to describe how the form should be filled out or how the inspection should be conducted aside from the MSFH info that has been demed obsolete. Good luck out there, your’e gonna need it.

OIR does not want to assume the responsibility for OKing a course or issueing a credential. They wish to leave all the liability in the hands of the inspectors. How far from the truss was that embedded strap? The MSFH program said it needed to be within 2" the code says it needs to be within 1 1/2" and a similar wood used to gap the difference. the manufacturer of the straps all say less than 1/8". Good luck argueing this one in court.