Wind Mit - Significant Dates

By showing a permit date of 3.1.02, what is that (hopefully) establishing about the structure as it relates to our inspections?

When were these required?

8d
6" in field pattern
wrap over top of truss with 3 nails (2 front / 1 back)
swr (required?)
large missle - 9 pound exterior opening protection

Any other important dates that effect an inspection?

Thanks

2001 FBC took effect on this date. The FBC roof covering credit is given on the wind mitigation form if the roof covering can be proven to be FBC. Since permits are required to re-roof (or new roof), the assumption made is that the roof covering must be meet FBC if it has an application date of 3/01/02 or more recent.

8d nails or larger are required by 2001 FBC
6" field spacing is the minimum allowed spacing according to FBC
Single wrap straps wrapping over the truss are NOT required. You could have clips or other types of truss anchorage.
SWR - Not required. It is simply an option for underlayment that the insurance underwriters will give a credit for having.
Large Missile - Required in Miami Dade County (HVHZ)

8d nails or larger are required by 2001 FBC
6" field spacing is the minimum allowed spacing according to FBC
Single wrap straps wrapping over the truss are NOT required. You could have clips or other types of truss anchorage.
SWR - Not required. It is simply an option for underlayment that the insurance underwriters will give a credit for having.
Large Missile - Required in Miami Dade County (HVHZ)

And in all WBDRs in the 2004 FBC cycle outside the HVHZ, and less than 30’ above grade. Exception in some areas: if replacing less than 25% of the glazed area of the home, impact protection is not required.

When did the 2004 FBC cycle go into effect?

After that date all openings (except glass block) within WBDRs need Large Missle 9# protection correct? (and with the exception of a remodel at less than 25% of openings)

Not all areas accept that 25% rule, and it only applies to 1-2 family dwellings.

Thanks. That’s what I was looking for. I guess now I need to read them and filter out what is relevant…