Wind Mitigation form

Hey John, very nice feature that plus sign. Way cool. Never seen that done before. It works amazingly well. I tell you, there are things these programs are capable of doing that if we had the time to learn would make what we do with them sooo much easier. Thanks again John.

Bert

Try it now. I opened it in Livecycle then saved it. DL it to your PC then open it.
dropbox link…

Works perfect Roy. I guess I took the long way around it. Thanks.

Bert

I cant open your link Roy but did replicate your method of saving it and worked.

Bert

Did you hit the dl button at dropbox?

Yep. Still gave me the error but once opened in Livecycle it works.

Hey John, I did notice the drop down box selections seem to be for a four point form to perform four point inspections. Not the wind mitigation choices at all. Did you know this?

Bert

You can change that with livecycle see attachment.

Thanks Roy. I was just wondering if John knew about it in case he created the form and hadn’t noticed that.

Roy do you know how to actually add pages to a pdf? I’ve used livecycle in the past and haven’t figured that out yet.

For example I would like to add my existing picture pages to an existing 1802 form. Two pdf’s and just want to merge them?

Thanks.

Bert

After its a form I haven’t figured out how to add a page.
I usually make a word doc with blank pages at the end, save it as a pdf form then open it in lifecycle to do the rest.

Still has the same error message.

Even after you download it to your PC?

Didn’t try laptop yet. Didn’t work on iPad.

Didn’t work on my phone, I’ll try the laptop back at the office.

Yes I did notice, it was part of the script I used. I spent all day getting it to work, updating the boxes are easy, now.

FYI, it opened in my office without an issue from my Dropbox. I would start with downloading and saving first.

Had to install some Chinese language pack first - After that it works fine.

Installed on my computer with the Asian language package, however wont work on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 that I use for my Wind Mitigation inspections. I still have your original form you made John. The only difference I can see is you added more photo captions??

Look at the + on the photo pages.

http://www.magnuminspections.com/PDF/2014%20wind%20mit_blankx.pdf
You will have to download the form to use it properly. Some features do not work when you open it online.

You will need a pdf print driver to print (lock) the pages you want in the report. Example: Print: Adobe PDF “pages” 1-5,11. That will print the first 5 pages and the last page.
For hip roof calculation, disregard the error message and just put the numbers in. It will auto calculate the % for you. If it is a non-hip roof, just delete “Percent of non-hip”.

Everything is editable with the exception of the roof deck nailing boxes.
I believe there should be 2 pictures of each roof to wall connection and two of the roof deck nailing.

On the opening protection page, there is a text box for certain situations, glass block not covered in the non-hurricane zone, as an example. You should have plenty of room to type whatever you need to there.

On the last page, you can insert a picture of your license, wind mitigation certificate or both. You can also erase part of the text or modify it to say “License” or Certificate.

The form is completely open and those that have Livecycle can modify the form further if they wish.

If there are any questions on how to use this form, email me at ev@magnuminspections.com.

This will more than likely be my last post on this forum. I hope it is a positive one.

Thanks for the file, great work!!
Are you leaving InterNachi? Why is this going to be your last post? You have helped many people on here, and for that I say Thank You!!!

Yes Eric what’s up with that? Why your last post?

Bert