Wind Mitigation Training Class in Jacksonville on August 25th, 2011

Why would any Internachi member want to waste time and money for such a class when they can get a better one for free online?!

Attendance is not mandatory. ALL inspectors are free to choose to attend the class- or not. It is simply an option that I thought some members may be interested in-

Some people prefer a class in person, and there’s nothing wrong with taking to several classes and having the most knowledge

I would recommend you take more then one. It is a great way to gain knowledge and see how other people are doing them. I have personally taken 4. Or 8 if you count how many times I sat in one of John’s at the chapter meetings.

Thank you…

Why would any Internachi member want to waste time and money for such a class when they can get a better one for free online?!

There is some disparity between some of the carriers and the Nachi wind mit course I took early this year (heard it may have been updated since by Mr. Shishilla). I strongly believe you and your clients are best served if you get as much information as possible from any source(s). I also felt the Nachi course did not present many real world examples the inspector faces and spent too much time on unnecessary filler. What is present, how do I confirm it, what does it look like, how do I fill out the 1802, how do I present my case if the insurer questions it, how do I defend if another inspector later says I was wrong, etc. I do not feel some inspectors are taking wind mits seriously enough as this little $75 to $125 inspection, with you signature and license attached, presents itself for easy lawsuits by the carrier and by the client. “I wouldn’t have bought the home if I knew I wouldn’t get credits”, “This home turned out to be unsafe, the roof blew off, and the inspector said…” “The carrier wants three years of credits back and I think the inspector should pay this”…

If you have not taken the updated wind mit class, you should take it(many things have changed). I would also suggest everyone continue to learn, you could take additional classes, do a ride along with another inspector that does them. I also recommend attending one of our chapter meetings, at many meetings we discuss and show many examples that you may not see everyday. This message board is also a great source of examples and answers(some better than others:mrgreen:)

If anyone does not want to post a question, send it to me and I will answer and or post it for you(no need to be ridiculed by fellow inspectors:()

why would anyone pay that guy and lose a day off work plus travel time when they can get the class free at home!?!

Because you can ask questions. As you can see from this board there are many questions that have multiple answers. Bill York is considered to be one of the authorities on this subject and constantly has updated material. He is in constant touch with the powers that govern this report. Outside of the one change to the online course, when was the last it it was updated? As you know, changes happen daily concerning this form

4 Seats left for the class tomorrow if anyone has the day off and would like to attend.

I agree Bill nothing like a live class for something like this…

A lot of the insurance company would not give discount on insurance to people after the inspection is done and the report was send out to them, why is that? Insurance company would never call back to let you know either you get the discount base on the report, you would have to call the insurance company to find out.

It’s all a big secret