Wind Mitigation - Year of Build

I was wondering if an approximate date can be put into the wind mitigation form in the Roof Covering Section for the Year of Original Installation or Replacement if an exact date cannot be located.

I believe it would have to be the actual date.

1 Like

If you can’t locate the original permit then you can’t be sure of anything. On the four point you can approximate the date if you are using material receipts or roofing contract to help date the age of the roof, but the wind mitigation form requires the permit date.

1 Like

Select all roof covering types in use. Provide the permit application date OR FBC/MDC Product Approval number OR Year of Original Installation/Replacement OR indicate that no information was available to verify compliance for each roof covering identified.

You have 4 choices.
If you are going to use choice 3, then it will be up to the insurance company if they are going to accept it. They may also want to know how you came to select that choice.

1 Like

Yes hypothetically those other options are open but I think some of those other choices were more geared to installers (DYI homeowners) & contractors filling out the form as opposed to inspectors.

1 Like