wind mitigation

Actually, I cannot recall a time where I asked for payment before the job was completed.
I won’t date myself & say how many years that goes back. :roll:
I think it’s an awkward thing to do IMO.
At least I would feel awkward.

When I’ve had service people come to my home, let’s say for hanging a ceiling fan or lawn cutting, etc…
If I was asked for payment before they started, I’d have the attitude you get paid in full after completion or leave the property now.

I will not explain it to the fools again. Do as you wish. It sure has made my inspections a lot less stressfull and I can walk and talk as I like to do and even when I see their faces turn sour I can stay nice and sweet because I know I have my money. It assures I get paid for services rendered regardless of results. I am not going to take someone to court for not paying and calling the cops does nothing even when the piece of **** claims to be a cop and is only a detention officer. I still get told to f off even after I have done the work. The law does not protect me so i protect myself. BEST practice I have ever started. Sad thin is none of you admit it when it happens to you and those who do just say oh well. I do not get f u c k ed unless I want to these days. Do as you wish. I know someone who has thought or said something about my practices gets screwed daily and it just makes me smile all the way to the bank.

Lets just say it makes the clients much more considerate and a whole less rude and this is not DEBATABLE. If you have ever had the problem or that uneasy feeling like you have said to much while doing your job give my method a try and let me know what you think.

Hell yesterday I bet one of you got a job for a villa in boynton beach…Didn’t ya? Do you know why you got it? Come on admit it I know the one who got it from an ole lady has to be here.

In order to promote myself and business I always try to do more than what is expected and/or required. The little things get noticed and = more business down the road. I tried the minimum route for awhile when I was also pissed at the world, but didn’t get the results that I wanted.

Phew!! It was not I. :slight_smile:
Maybe they got the job 'cause they label pics.:wink:

I did a full comp in Boynton on Monday but it was a single family home.
The fee was $470.00 incl the termite & WindMit (don’t pay for a termite sub, my own license).

Who pray tell was it?

Going above and beyond to a point always does great. Were out here for our clients. When they don’t have the right roof to wall connection, staples or failed opening protection. I always teach the client what they can do to receive the credits and they appreciate the advice. Always great for business:D

You are NOT getting it. I do all that and then some. It is about what you WRITE that f-cks the clients and us on INSURANCE INSPECTIONS. WRITE< WRITE< WRITE. Tell them whatever the fu-k you want.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT ARE COMING OUT OF MY FINGERS yet?

HOME INSPECTIONS ARE TOTALLY A DIFFERENT ANIMAL…

Please tell me you get it so I can sleep.

No Marc someone else got the job because I thought the lady was rude and condescending and told her I was not interested in having her business.

She even called back to ask my Last name and wondered if I was the owner of the company.

I explained to her that being the owner of the company gave me the prerogative of being able to decline Rude and condescending clients and I was not about to drive to BOynton beach for someone that I thought was an *** in the first minute of conversation.

I may be getting old and I may not have all the money I want but I sure as f-ck have my pride and DO NOT
WORK FOR PRICKS. I cannot be bought by most. Those who could afford to buy me and treat me like crap normally apparently are smart enough to hire someone cheaper they can sh-t all over and they person just Lapps it up. I’d eat Blackbirds for dinner first.

2345 inspections last year, got paid on all but one wind mit. LOL

One is to many for me. I do not care about the facts of the situation. To me it is about principle. I do not get screwed any longer unless I want to. It makes me feel great and that is something I cherish now days.

It gives me the POWER in the inspection and it makes people ACT like decent folks even though I can tell they are steaming. BEST THING I EVER DID. People who would be rude ***-s and ***** and complain shut up and play nice because they do not want me to walk ou and tell them to pound sand. I in return remain calm, nice and do all I can to explain their options. In reality it really is a win win situation for all involved.

You do “all of that” for half of what a lot of us charge?

If you write the facts, then everything else is no longer up for debate.

I think you really need to leave this business. For your own health. I mean that as sincerely as possible.

I assure you I will do it at the first possibility that comes my way, and I look constantly and ask all I know and all I come into contact with. On paper I have more experience, qualifications, certifications, real world BIG Business experience and skills than you can shake a stick at. I just have not found the right match yet. I have one National Home Builder whose Senior Vice President is quite interested in taking me on in his words but just has not figured out how or where yet. He contacts me regularly to keep in touch and unless he is sadistic and just messing with me I think he really wants to get me on his team but it has not worked out yet:(

This business is not for me I am used to giving the best service and product possible in new construction and used to be paid appropriately to do so. That has not been possible for the builders is the last 6 or 7 years so I have not gotten any of the major projects I have bid. That is the main reason I want to move to the builders side of things instead of providing services for them.

As long as I can pay my bills and get benefits I would be gone so fast your head would spin.

Believe it or not I have no problem getting chewed out if something is not perfect when providing services to builders but perfection cost money and now days they are not willing to pay the money for perfection and it shows in their work. I still bid as if I am going to provide a perfect product and that is why I do not get the jobs. The builders have lowered their requirements and expectations and it goes against my grain to TRY to work that way. The company I am trying to get in is one that is different they have gone above and beyond fixing problems with homes they built when most others told their clients to pound sand after the 1 year warranty that is why I want to work for them. Believe it or not I prefer to be a perfectionist but perfection comes at a price.

I cannot stand price shoppers that just want to get the minimum at the lowest price but that is what the Home / insurance Business is full of so that is the game I must play.

I am also aware of what harms and hurts my CLIENTS “the ones who pay me” NOT THE INSURANCE COMPANIES.

So many here just do not get the difference between going above and beyond in home inspections and insurance inspections. In home inspections it is great and to be admired. In insurance inspections it is bad for the clients and other inspectors. I just cannot figure why so many do not get it??? I can only think that it is because home inspectors have been taught for so long to fluff, fluff, fluff as much as possible so the client gets an apparent since of value from those who typically just declared themselves home inspectors because they said so with nothing to back up their claims. Lots of pages and lots of logos on each page in a fancy binder made the clients feel like they were getting something of value from someone with experience but that was never a guarantee.

INSURANCE INSPECTIONS ARE DIFFERENT. Fluff hurts. I guess if you get all your leads from the scum bag insurance companies that only wish to screw your clients for every dime they can then fluff is good for you but I assure you it is not good for the folks paying the bill.

Agreed, you’re about to have a stroke, and you clearly hate the career you’ve chosen.

Dom.